Feeling of Regret

Options
Ok...sooo...I went to the Fair tonight, basically just to eat. I knew it was a cheat meal for my husband and I so I was ok with it...at the time. I stuffed my face...everything from Pork-o-bobs to cheese sitcks to nachos...etc. Anyway, I feel REALLY bad. I mean I can't believe we did so bad. True we split everything...but I know I put an ungodly amount of calories in my body. I can't help but beat myself up right now :/

Replies

• Thujess
    Thujess Posts: 5
    Options
    Don't let it ruin your mood. All you can do is start over tmw and lean from the mistake. :)
  • Losing2Live1989
    Losing2Live1989 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain...I do that all the time...just remember tomorrow is a new day...kick butt and work off that good time...as long as it don't happen all the time then you should not kill yourself over it...it happens to me everytime the my fiance wants to go out to lunch
  • tobitude
    tobitude Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have been there, dont beat yourself up over it. Just start tomorrow on the right track. I dont think there is anyone on MFP that has not had one of those days at least once!!! Hold your head high and say " I did this and I am going to come back from this minor set back"!!!!! We are here for you :)
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    Go for a extra walk or do an extra exercise that's what makes me feel better. It may not take away all the extra calories you ate but it may make you feel a little better!! It's ok to indulge a little some days just stay on track the rest of the week!!
    Good luck :)
  • ATLangela
    ATLangela Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I beat myself up about cheat days too but please don't. Tomorrow you're back on track and moving forward! I almost think we should call it a vacation day or a sick day instead of a cheat day because cheat feels so naughty. :tongue:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Just keep going!!! You know you shouldn't have done it, but you can't undo it, so don't let it defeat you. Wake up tomorrow and start again--you CAN do it!!!!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    Life happens. You're going to have days where you want to splurge a little. And you know what? That's okay. Because all that matters is that if you want this bad enough, you're going to push through it. Don't let it get you down. You're worth reaching your goal. We all are. (And we all deserve to enjoy ourselves now and then). Moderation is key. Tomorrow is a new day, sunshine :flowerforyou:.
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    OMG I love the fair! All I can say is FUNNEL CAKE! know I ate at ton that day but also - eating it in one day like that - most of it is just going to go right through you - especially if you had a bunch of greasy food! - it won't all be converted to fat. Plus... it's the fair! You only go once a year - enjoy it! :drinker:

(PS, when I went to the fair here I burned over 500 calories walking around so keep that in mind too!) I

My moto (one of them at least) is - never feel guilty about one day! It's one day - it really doesn't affect anything! (in fact it might give you a little metabolism boost!)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You can't beat yourself up about it, but I do know the feeling. We can't be perfect all the time though, all we can do is try our best, and make the best choices we can. Sometimes we give in, and it's not the end of the world. Hold yourself accountable, and learn from this time, but don't beat yourself up. Tomorrow is a new day, so push forward!
  • emmaleigh47
    emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Food cannot equal emotions... it only gets us into trouble.
    The old you wouldnt have split stuff... would have just eaten it and never thought about the calories or fat.
    The new you was somewhat conscious ... sure you made bad choices, but do you eat this way every day ... do you plan on doing this again tomorrow -- or was this a once a while thing... tomorrow make good choices.

But no guilt... no emotions!
  • Teri1026
    Teri1026 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    OMG All of you guys are SO awesome. The support is great. Ya'll are right..tomorrow is a new day...gettin right back in the groove! Thank ya'll so much!!!!
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    So if you beat yourself up about overeating, has that changed what you did? Has it made you feel better? Guilt and stressing over the past is so unproductive. So you overate, your life is not over. You had fun with the hubby, you indulged, now just move on. If you are going to reflect on it just use it as a reference moment to determine how you might do differently next time. Other than that, its just a moment in a lifetime.
  • jcolbrook
    Options
    It sounds like you had a great time and knew exactly what you were doing. Can't do better than that in life! You won't gain weight from a day at the fair so let it go....and tomorrow you won't crave what you might have if you had made yourself miss out on the fun...
  • ysamatar
    ysamatar Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I feel you this happened to me too today. when I came home I felt so guilty and all I wanted was to sleep, but then I realized that it wasn't going to solve anything and made decision to hit the treadmill. Best of luck and let a new day start.
  • ecreigh2
    ecreigh2 Posts: 14
    Options
    When I go over for the day, I like to think I'm boosting my metabolism through "zig-zag" dieting.