1200 calories

Options
Just started today. WOW 1200 calories goes by fast. I had to be eating 3 times that.

Replies

• chumif
    chumif Posts: 1
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean, but you do get used to staying within the goal. And the exercise really helps. Welcome aboard:smile:
  • shawny519
    shawny519 Posts: 20
    Options
    The healthier you eat, the slower they add up :)
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I don't even want to think of the number of calories I must have been consuming before!
  • CollegeGirl19
    Options
    I felt exactly the same way when I started out! Now I'm having trouble reaching the calorie goal because I'm really listening to what my body needs. It'll be easier in a few days. Good luck!
  • brandehuff
    Options
    1200 does indeed go by fast! I am in the same boat as you...had to be eating 2-3 times that amount before but you do get used to the foods and amount of foods that will keep you in that range. I thought at first I would starve to death but it really isn't that bad!
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I said the same thing the first day, is that all I get? It gets easier you'll learn lots from MFP, love it here!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    I keep my calories light during the day and have a good dinner. Healty but substantial and low in carbs. I try to do a lot of protein during the day. My job makes it easy. I am a teacher, very scheduled and little time for lunch. Hopefully, I can keep it up in the summer!
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    1200 calories used to go by fast until I replaced my foods with healthier more filling foods and there are days where I struggle to eat all 1200 calories. You'll get used to it --quickly--and for the better. Welcome to MFP!!
  • breakingthecycle
    breakingthecycle Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I don't even want to think of the number of calories I must have been consuming before!

I was curious so I entered a typical week day meal and a typical weekend meal just to see how bad it was. Trust me it was bad!!! LOL

Try it just to compare how great you are doing now.
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    It does get easier! It took me a while to adjust, that's for sure :) But remember it's your NET calories that are important. If you exercise, you get to eat more so that your net total for the day is 1200. Makes it a lot easier to manage and you get the added benefit of fitness!
  • RLBRIGHT
    RLBRIGHT Posts: 6
    Options
    Carbs is my big problem. I am not a big fruit and vegtable eater. I love pasta, breads and beer. Pray I make it.
  • charitydc
    charitydc Posts: 106
    Options
    Welcome from Chicago! I agree that 1200 seems like nothing...this is sad, but that's why I try to work out...so I can have the lil extra calories to eat for the day! Good Luck to you!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Carbs is my big problem. I am not a big fruit and vegtable eater. I love pasta, breads and beer. Pray I make it.

Pasta, Bread and Beer? We would get a long just fine!! I usually am really good for the week and look forward to a cheat meal. People have different opinons about that, but it has worked for me in the past. I lost 40 on this last year and just rejoined. Got a little cocky and gained some back. I am back because this works!