I don't know what to list in my exercise log...

Options
In an ideal world, I would already own a HRM, which would tell me how many calories I burned. Alas, I have to wait a few more months so I can save up. Until then, though, I have NO clue as to what I should log as my exercise. What do you all think??

I did 60 minutes (two 30-minute intervals) of Wii Fit Plus free step. I used the Everlast riser on the balance board, so the board is 3 inches higher than it is on the floor. I also used a set of 2-pound weights to do various arm exercises at the same time. According to my Wii, I burned 272 calories, but it obviously doesn't "know" that I had the riser or the weights. If I just go and log it here, though, as aerobics 6-8 inches (a smidge higher than my board actually is), it says I burned over 700 calories. Although I think I worked a lot, i don't really think I worked THAT much in an hour. LOL!

So, what to do? I want to make sure I don't have a huge amount of calories left over since it's getting late here.

Replies

• terrijean04
    terrijean04 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I bet you did somthing close to 700..thats alot of cardio all at once and for a whole hour...ya I do believe you KICKED BUTT TODAY... :)
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend periodically taking your pulse throughout the workout so you can get an idea of how hard you are working out compared to your body type. You can figure this in then when logging. I'd say it's more likely 400 calories. There are a lot of places online you can guestimate a burn based on your periodic HR.
  • mom2claudia
    Options
    I bet you did somthing close to 700..thats alot of cardio all at once and for a whole hour...ya I do believe you KICKED BUTT TODAY... :)

Thanks. I actually did it while watching a new show about a flash mob at a surprise proposal/wedding ("Mobbed"), so I was stepping, lifting weights, AND crying at the same time. LOL!