Yum Yum Brownie Muffins

Options
kappyblu
kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
I know people have brought these up before on the message boards. I thought they sounded weird, but I just made them for the first time and OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:love: :smile: :happy: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :drinker:
I have never had a chocolate cupcake like this! They are the most amazing cupcakes I have ever had! They don't need frosting, but I am going to try to find a low low calorie frosting or sugar free cool whip on them or something for next time.

The recipe uses a box of devil's food cake mix (I used Duncan Hines) and a 15 oz. can of pumpkin. I recommend sifting the cake mix to remove tiny lumps. My sister said you can use the pumpkin with a spice cake mix or a yellow cake mix. Try them, they are FABULOUS AND SUPER EASY!!! Also, loaded with Vitamin A. Here is a link to the recipe on hungrygirl.com:

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/367

By the way: 181 calories. Even Dr. Oz had cupcakes on his show today that had more calories and fat than these!

Replies

• glcarr65
    glcarr65 Posts: 74
    Options
    I have made these (actually still have some in the freezer) they are wonderful.

You can put just a spoon full of cool whip if you like also ....Very yummy!!
  • stephaniekendrick
    stephaniekendrick Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    They have the BEST filling, taste for a chocolate muffin! I have been making them for years! I even have fooled my 7 year old into liking them and he is a picky eater! He loves them and they are thrilled that mommy will let them have "chocolate" for breakfast! lol
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    A co-worker who also teaches for Weight Watchers made these. They ARE fantastic! Great way to get veggies into kids, too! For my birthday, she made me a cake. She took one box mix of angel good cake and added one can of crushed pineapple, undrained. It was fabulous, too!

Happy eating! :flowerforyou:
  • daniellejg
    Options
    yum!
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I make these with spice cake and add very finely shredded zucchini for extra veggies-I used to make these for my sons football team to take on the long bus trips for games-the coaches loved them because they were healthy and not junk food that would give the guys a sugar crash during the game.
  • michelletyler38
    michelletyler38 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    mmmm
  • forty3fab
    forty3fab Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I do love chocolate!! I will have to give these a try! Thanks for sharing!
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    bump
  • nuimproved
    nuimproved Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • deb54
    deb54 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Have to try !!! Bump