Zumba

Options
Has anyone tried Zumba? They have it at my gym and I was wondering what it is like

Replies

• aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    Zumba is a TON of fun and burns a lot of calories without even feeling like a workout! I take a class at my gym and feel really crappy if I have to miss a week. It's very addictive! You should totally try it at least once or twice. It is a latin based aerobic dance class, but you do more than just latin dancing.
  • happybunnysbabe57
    happybunnysbabe57 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i love zumba, i have it for the wii and it is fun..
  • treena99
    treena99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba! :love: It is really fun! It is a really great way to workout and have lots of fun at the same time!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    SO FUN!! Confusing at first but go into it with a sense of humor and you'll love it.
  • aferbet
    aferbet Posts: 124
    Options
    My instructor always says "wiggle like you wiggle and shake how you shake".
  • hal220
    hal220 Posts: 3
    Options
    Zumba is fun and a great motivation to your body moving and burning calories. Peppy music, interesting steps make for a good exercise session that doesn't feel like exercise. Try it!

Also, try a barbell/weight class. These also involve music and movement with light weights and/or a barbell. Very good exercise. A fitness center I use has the Zumba class the hour before the weight class. Doing both classes burns calories and tones your body.
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba...even though I really have no rhythm lol...it's a lot of fun! give it a try! It'll take a few classes before you feel less awkward probably, unless you're a natural dancer...
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Come with us . . . become a ZUMBAMANIAC!!! Seriously it is a ton of fun and a lot of us are doing it. Give it a try. You might become addicted!!! Fair warning. lol. Good luck!:bigsmile:
  • grizzlymaze
    grizzlymaze Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    What's better? Zumba for wii or Zumba fitness that is sold on the tv?
  • andreacord
    andreacord Posts: 928
    Options
    :love: Mine just arrived for wii today, did a 30 minute workout and I'm already hooked!
  • jodels76
    jodels76 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love it as a compliment to my workout regiment, but I don't think it should be the only activity one does. It is a blast!
  • weirdmommy
    weirdmommy Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I do love Zumba!! I believe you can get it on demand too. Fit tv on demand. I'm going to check it out, but i have a hard time with motivation if I don't go to the gym.
    Sometimes I have a hard time getting a move, but I figure we all learn somewhere:]
    Enjoy your Zumba all~~~