P90X... can the exercises be modified?

Options
Kkmama
Kkmama Posts: 544 Member
I have noticed a lot of people having success with P90X and am interested in learning more and maybe doing it. I consider myself fairly active and in relatively good shape but I have a very arthritic knee that hinders a lot of activites that I can do. I just completed JM's 30 Day Shred and modified some of the exercises so that some wouldn't be high impact, for example for jumping jacks I did the arm movements and ran on the spot. Can this type of modification be done with P90X?

Any opinion and comments are greatly appreciated.

Also what kinds of things are needed to be able to do it? Weights? And what else!

Thank you,
Christina

Replies

• wan2b21
    wan2b21 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes of course!! =) Tony shows you modifications for most of the exercises. You should get some dumbell weights or a resistance band and that's really all you need =) It calls for other random things like a chair, a towel, paper plate, water... lol you know stuff you have (hopefully) around your house. You should also consider getting a HRM if you don't have one.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Yes of course!! =) Tony shows you modifications for most of the exercises. You should get some dumbell weights or a resistance band and that's really all you need =) It calls for other random things like a chair, a towel, paper plate, water... lol you know stuff you have (hopefully) around your house. You should also consider getting a HRM if you don't have one.

This. It should also be noted that resistance bands may be more required if you need to modify, as there are pull-up sessions that will use the resistance bands to incorporate modification. Everything else you can use with furniture or things found around the house. Enjoy P90X.
  • mrsparker77
    Options
    Yes, absolutely :)
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I'm unable to do pull ups - but I do use a resistance band for those workouts. You will need weights - but depends on how much you can lift over your head while doin' a lunge.

Anythin' else you can find around your house, like a chair or stool. you need somethin' in height to swing your leg over.

Tony expresses - modify the moves, and pause the dvd - until your reps are done or if you need to take a break.

:wink: Best wishes Xoo Oxx