SwimSuits!!

Options
shalynna89
shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
So if your like me you don't even want to picture yourself in a swimsuit right now!! For some reason though I always buy at least 2-4 new suits every spring/summer because I think they are so cute, and think if I got skinny I'd look so cute in that. So today I was out shopping around and came aross some super cute tankini's which is all I will ever wear, because lets be honest c-section scare and also gallbladder surgery scares on my tummy aren't attractive!! I usually always buy mine from clearance racks or super cheap ones, the ones I bought today weren't! And my hubby wasn't thrilled about the prices. But looking around on a few sites they seem to be about average price. I also bought them 2 sizes smaller than my other ones, because I'm planning on wearing them in July when we go on vacation, and am super dedicated to lose the weight to look good in them. I find it helpful to have some sort of clothing item to look forward to fitting into as I lose weight. It motivates me so much! So I have 2 questions. How much do you normally pay for a swimming suit? And do you have any pieces of clothing your looking forward to fitting into??

Replies

• Fattack
    Fattack Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    It depends! If it's just for swimming laps by myself in my local pool, a speedo will do me fine for about £20, but if it's for people I care about to actually see me in (i.e. my boyfriend!) I'd be willing to spend upto £70 if it was super cute (especially I'd probably need a very structured one as I am rather... endowed in the chest area :/ and they're usually a lot more expensive >< )
  • kristinwalker
    kristinwalker Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I jsut bought one today. My first "fat swim suit". I have always rocked the bikini, until today. I bought a black ruffeled tankini with a skirt...in a size 16 ugh! Each piece was around $25-$35. I do have to say though, that it is the BEST I have felt in a bathing suit in years and I look forward to hitting the pool with my kids. It was like 90 in So cal today and I sported a tank top and shorts over my suit today just to get them in the pool. But, not anymore. Looking forward to feeling great in my new suit and I hope I have to buy another one in a smaller size soon.

As far as your 2nd question ... jeans and my red pants are always a great goal for me. I have this pair of red pants that if I could get into again, comfortably, I would feel wonderful. Heck, maybe someday they will be my fat pants, because they could...
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have a bathing suit addiction and have at least 20 bikinis from Victoria's Secret. Unfortunately I wouldn't be caught dead in any of them right now and *if* I have to go swimming wear a tankin (also from VS) - and still feel pretty gross but - summer is still a few months away and I'm bound and determined to wear each and every one of those bikinis this summer! Even if it's just in the yard! I know my neighbors will think I'm crazy but hey, if we bust our butts getting into shape then we damn well can be proud of it! The most I've ever spent (don't tell my boyfriend!) is $150 on a gorgeous designer suit. The cheapest ones I've found are $5 per piece... and I love those ones! :)
  • KCzing
    KCzing Posts: 10
    Options
    I live in NY now, the lakes nearby are gross and I've hated my body for years so the past year I only got one new swim suit each year and I got them at JC Pennys on sale but next week when I move to California I will be rocking my suits from Old Navy and Victorias Secret (which I found at their semi annual sale).

I'm all about bargain shopping so with a few different tops and bottoms from VS I can mix and match cheaply as long as I get them on sale. Like I have a two solid tops but I have a few different patterned bottoms I can wear with them and same for the tops.
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    YAY for you! I have been gathering summer clothes throughout the past 2 months for myself to get into as well...it keeps me more motivated-even though half of them are too big already :) I have a bathing suit in mind that I want to get but I am not going to purchase it until I know what size to get. I am scared that if I get a large it will be too big since I am in a large now. I would do the 2 sizes smaller thing but then it would make it a Small and I don't know if I even want to be in a small...thats little for me. But it costs $40.00 for the top. I will just find a plain pair of bottoms to go with it since the top is so cute so Ill probably end up spending $55.00 on mine. Im like you-I usually just bargain shop for bathing suits but this year I am getting the one that I want the most! Good luck in fitting into it-you ARE motivated and Im sure you will! :)))
  • ashleyk_xox
    ashleyk_xox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Oh-and for the clothing I look forward to getting in to-I have NEVER even tried on a pair of skinny jeans. Im terrified of them! I want to be able to wear them by the end of the summer. :)
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I spent an embarrassing amount of money on a Juicy Couture bikini a few weeks ago but I haven't regretted it thus far. I am not one who has to have a lot of swimsuits. The last few years I've only had two suits and I would alternate them so that I wouldn't ever have to put a wet one on. I think I'm going to try and find one more I like to purchase that isn't quite as pricey. I am NOT wearing either of my two "mom suits" from last year... they'd likely hang off of me anyways...
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    uhm... gee thanks for bringing up the topic... I have just made another Zappos purchase :)
  • viclynn
    viclynn Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I saw some cute suits at walmart last evening. But have not bought a new suit yet. I have a summer skirt that I tried on the other day. It is still tight, but my goal is to look good in it by memorial day. I seem to be losing more in my shoulders and chest area than in my hips and thighs. At least it feels that way to me. I am excited and motivated to see my goal results in a few months.