Does going over in Calories avg out?

Options
If you're over a little one day (less than 100) in your calories and under a little one day, does it all average out?

Replies

• rwalden628
    Options
    If you're over a little one day (less than 100) in your calories and under a little one day, does it all average out?
  • bhdb
    bhdb Posts: 17
    Options
    Yes it does. They even say that something like that is better for your diet because that way your body doesn't get used to a certain amount of calories. So it's possible to set for example a weekly calorie limit and stay within that - eating more on certain days and less on others.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    yeah...but don't try for that. To many days under can end up hurting you too due to starvation mode depending on your body type and how far you go under. I try to come as close as I can every day (although 99.9% I'm a little over!) But I've noticed if I stay under for a couple days I won't lose weight but I lose even if I go over by 100 every day.
  • bhdb
    bhdb Posts: 17
    Options
    Obviously you have to stay within reason with your calorie amounts.. But in case you are interested, here's a nice little calculator that creates a 7-day calorie cycle without starving you to death:

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm#

The site says: "Calorie cycling provides same amount of calories per week, but 'tricks' your body by constantly changing daily calories. This helps to prevent or break plateaus. Guideline only."
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Yes it does. They even say that something like that is better for your diet because that way your body doesn't get used to a certain amount of calories. So it's possible to set for example a weekly calorie limit and stay within that - eating more on certain days and less on others.

Yep, I agree with this. cycling your calories is actually better for you than eating the exact same everyday.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    Yup. It's also called zig-zagging.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

That's what I had before I editted it.:bigsmile:
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options

That's what I had before I editted it.:bigsmile:

:bigsmile:
    You're the one that posted the website for it, weren't you Banana?
  • rwalden628
    Options
    Thanks guys! Very helpful! I won't beat myself up when I go over a little over tonight at P.F. Chang's!

86075.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    if youre going over/under less than 100 cal dont worry about it
    the number given out is just an average after all.
    another thing to note is to just stick to what is given to you, dont try and compensate.
    it would be healthier to plan meals ahead and exercise any excess cals off.
    dont make it a habit, dont do it frequently, even once in a while can be a set back once your body starts getting into a state of change.