A new beginning ! need some help and tips

Options
April 1st has arrived and its time for me to start from scratch!

For the past 2 months I've been on and off with exercising and watching what I eat. Starting today I am going to try my best at keeping up on eating healthy and keeping to an exercise plan!
But im a bit confused on what I should do for the exercising, I have the P90X dvds but im not all too sure if they'll work or not.
Im 5'5 - 167 pounds, my goal weight is 145 and im 20 years old. Id love for you guys to share some tips if you have some :)
Im always looking for new friends to discuss healthy eating habits with and exercise tips.

Replies

• KatyKat6875
    Options
    One tip that I got from a personal trainer was to try not to eat carbs after 6pm, we need carbs for energy and shouldn't really need them later on the day.

It seems to be helping me, although like you, I'm new! Exercising wise, I hated most forms of it but I started Zumba recently and LOVE it. I think with that, it's a case of finding something you like because if it feels like a chore you won't do it.

Good luck! And feel free to add me for support, I only came to the forum yesterday but the messages I got have really helped my motivation. Everyone here is so lovely because they know exactly what you're going through.
  • lilscotslass
    Options
    Exercise DVDs are very good to start but your body gets used to the energy and strength needed to do the moves after a while and you won't get as much benefit from it after a few months. Use them to yourself back on track then maybe try a gym to give yourself different exercises to do. Though if you're as financially unstable as I was at 20 maybe just buy a new DVD with some different moves, maybe try and get some friends to join you, it'll be a laugh and you get a workout. I'd also try the myfitnesspal app if you have an android phone, to help you keep track of your calories on the go.

Sorry if you already know this. I have a tendency to state common knowledge :)

Good luck and welcome to the site! Nice to meet you!