Using the site for over a week, but still not introduced mys

Options
How rude that after a whole week I've still not introduced myself.

Hello! I'm a newbie to the site and the idea of counting calories, I've always been in my ideal weight range but used to be at the lower end and would like to get back to it so I feel more comfortable.

Speaking of that, does anyone else have the issue of being practically addicted to a take away food? Pizza deliveries are my downfall!

Anyway, hi from rainy Glasgow, Scotland!

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Great to meet you lady! Theres lots of great motivating people on here! It keeps me happy through this whole ordeal!!
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

Addicted to pizza deliveries?? Oh dear!! haha!! I love pizza but i love chips and curry sauce from the chinese more! :laugh:

I am also calorie counting (badly at the moment) but am in need of motivation and support so feel free to add me as a friend if you like!

:drinker:
  • heatherslosingit
    Options
    Hi and Welcome, have you made friends with anyone yet? You will find it alot easier because then you all support one another and keep each other motivated when things come to a standstill as they will from time to time...
    I personally am not a junk food addict so cannot advise you on that!
    Feel free to add me as a friend then check out my other friends that i have met on here, I am sure they will be happy for you to invite them too
    Good luck with your Goal :flowerforyou:
  • vodkaswigger
    Options
    Hiya, im a newbee, day 6 for me, its a fab site for support and motivation, i completely get you on the take away issue, all lush foods are just so bad for us and its hard haha,im from Newcastle, a geordie lass feel free to add me, good luck,you can do it xx
  • karanmwk
    karanmwk Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hello & Welcome! You've come to the right place! Counting calories is the only way I've ever lost weight successfully...and MFP makes it so easy! I also LOVE takeout - especially PIZZA (just like you)! Since I've been on MFP (almost 4 weeks) I've avoided takeout pizza...I have to learn self-control before I expose myself to it again - lol! I do make a homemade pizza though - it has whole wheat crust, low fat mozzarella, turkey pepperoni & lots of veggies...oh and pizza sauce of course. That helps me not to feel deprived. Best wishes!!!! :D
  • watchmelose2
    watchmelose2 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You are sure to get the support you need here! This is an awesome place! May God bless you!:flowerforyou:
  • 64Brucey
    64Brucey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Welcome from a fellow Scot (although exciled South of the border)

Yip I'm the same addict to take-out's but since I've started with the app I've lost 1st 3 lbs in 25 days. What I've found is that because the app's on my phone and I instantly log what I've ate. I'm more cautious about what I put in my mouth and more importantly it allows me to plan ahead so that if I want a treat I can off set this with some exercise and still meet my calorie target.

I have not been good at weekends (had a lot of family events since I've started) but still have managed to loss more weight in 25 days than I have in any other programme.

Also as the others say there lots of information and motivational support on the site.

So best of luck and keep logging.
  • octoberschilde
    Options
    Hello & Welcome! You've come to the right place! Counting calories is the only way I've ever lost weight successfully...and MFP makes it so easy! I also LOVE takeout - especially PIZZA (just like you)! Since I've been on MFP (almost 4 weeks) I've avoided takeout pizza...I have to learn self-control before I expose myself to it again - lol! I do make a homemade pizza though - it has whole wheat crust, low fat mozzarella, turkey pepperoni & lots of veggies...oh and pizza sauce of course. That helps me not to feel deprived. Best wishes!!!! :D

that sounds delicious!
  • lilscotslass
    Options

I'm drooling... I was planning on having a girly night in with pizza in a few weeks as I've got my flat to myself with the boyfriend away, at least now I feel more inclined to make an alternative! Though... I may still need to add a stuffed crust! Thanks for the warm welcome (and that goes for everyone!)
  • jam3114
    jam3114 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome -- lol I'm here months & never introduced myself
    Feel free to add me as a friend - I try to limit take away (although last two weeks you would never think that :embarassed: )
    But when I was 'good' i used to allow for calories it tasted even better
  • nathanemillie
    Options
    Hi from rainy paisley. I was the same as joined on Monday and just introduced myself today.

yeh I find fast food a problem as well and have done for years. hoping this site will help get it under control.

add me as friend if you want

good luck