baby weight begone!!!

Options
Hi everyone, new here and loving this site! I am a new mom with a toddler and a rugby playing husband, the only one in my family on a diet:) I had no idea the amount of calories I had been consuming, a real eye-opener!
Really enjoy reading everyone's posts, the only other message board I belong to is for pregnant women/new moms, and you can imagine it can get quite heated- so the kindess shown here is very appreciated!
Good Luck to everyone in being a healthier you!

Replies

• etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being a new mom and welcome to MFP. Good luck with losing that baby weight...it's hard when you're the only one in the family watching calories, but hey, that's what htis board is for...we're all doing it!
  • sunnny218
    sunnny218 Posts: 16
    Options
    Welcome! I came from another mommy board as well, and just joined here Monday.
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    From one new mom to another, Welcome! :drinker:
  • jaxnmouse
    Options
    Congrats to you! I didn't know how many calories I was taking in either....did you know a footlong chili cheese coney meal from Sonic has 1,010 calories in it (coney & tots)! Wow! I love those but it made me think twice before I ate it. :) I think being conscious of what you are putting into your body is a good way to start the path to the goals you set for yourself.

I am new here also, joined earlier this week....the people on here are great, I agree with you!

Good luck to you!
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Always good to have another mom! My husband is also not doing MFP with me (he has an account but never uses it.) but since I have changed my eating habits and am making more well balanced meals he is losing too. It can still be a family affair. :happy:
  • mamarundrc
    mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Also a new mom, I had a wonderful little boy in Sept 2010. I have managed to get the baby weight off, now I am working on that 25 lbs that I had on before getting pregnant! Good luck with your journey.
  • ginnyroo
    ginnyroo Posts: 2
    Options
    Congrats to you! I didn't know how many calories I was taking in either....did you know a footlong chili cheese coney meal from Sonic has 1,010 calories in it (coney & tots)! Wow! I love those but it made me think twice before I ate it. :) I think being conscious of what you are putting into your body is a good way to start the path to the goals you set for yourself.

I am new here also, joined earlier this week....the people on here are great, I agree with you!

Good luck to you!

Footlong chili cheese coney & tots, yummo! I live VERY close to Sonic and Popeye's(can smell their biscuits baking in the morning) but now my treat from Sonic is a diet Sprite with diet cherry added:)
  • greeneyed84
    greeneyed84 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hello! I know how you feel. I had my 3rd child 8 months ago. I'm working on losing all the weight I didn't get rid of after my 1st two pregnancies. Thankfully this community is great (for the most part) & i've lost a bunch of weight already. My husband has no problems losing weight but he supports me. Once you get used to loging everything it becomes a habit. A good one I think.
  • mouser3
    mouser3 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello, I also know how you feel... I've had two children now and my last one is just over a year ago. I swear between the two i've probably put on 100 or so pounds however over the past year i've lost some of the weight but certainly not enough!! I have become very concious about what i'm eating. before not writing it down i also never considered what i was eating but now since i see everything laid out and how many calories in each item i'm more aware of what i'm eating and MFP has really helped... Although I haven't lost alot yet! I'm hopefully for what the year will bring... I wish you good luck with all of your weight loss success!!