Atkins Recipes

Options
SweetBeth
SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
So I just started Atkins. Huge diabetes issues in my family and I'm trying to get my carbs and sugar under control. I'm still in induction (1st phase of Atkins) and can have very minimal carbs mostly needing to come from veggies. Most of the recipes I've found include SALMON! I love salmon, but oh my it's starting to get on my nerves. And a lot of recipes just have too many ingredients for my busy lifestyle. I don't have time to cook all day or to hunt for exotic ingredients. Any ideas for recipes that are Atkins friendly and EASY?

Thanks in advance!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• elyckrd
    elyckrd Posts: 3
    Options
    Easy go-to for me is a green salad with chicken. Get a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and eat off it all week. Have salad greens already washed & ready to go, and have chopped veggies (e.g., scallion, red pepper, celery, etc.) in a separate container. Makes pulling together a meal when you're hungry easy and quick.
  • PudgeMuffin200
    Options
    I haven't tried this recipe yet- but i found it posted on here. Low carb pizza !!!!

http://www.examiner.com/low-carb-in-national/cauliflower-pizza-crust-worth-its-wow-gold

Chicken breast and green beans are a good dinner. Keep in eye on your salt and fat content though. CHeese is a great snack for low carb diets but its really high in salt. Same with bacon of course.
  • asix50009
    Options
    My advice on low carb is to keep it simple......when i've done it in the past i will have something like a precooked sausage patty or bacon for breakfast that you can just heat up in the microwave. For lunch, i might have a salad with lettuce, shredded cheese, an egg, and some ranch dressing. For dinner, a grilled chicken breast and green beans....other easy options are ham and cheese omlet, fry up some hamburger patties, microwave a couple hot dogs, grill up a steak or pork chop.....i always have summer sausage and block cheese on hand as well for snacks.

hope this helps, and good luck!
  • tenniskad2
    Options
    I alternate my diet, 2 weeks Atkins, 2 weeks, weight watchers. Atkins.com has the so many great great free recipes. You can really change things up even on the induction weeks. (BTW: I always just do the induction weeks.)
  • FitdivaG
    FitdivaG Posts: 4
    Options
    SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS RECIPE!!! I will try this weekend :)
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Actually the pizza recipe sounds yummy. I'll see how it goes. Maybe I'll have time to try this weekend. Just gotta figure out how to rice cauliflower. :-)