First day tracking and 700 calories over my limit!!!

Options
13»

Replies

• shudson23
    Options
    I'm not a pro or anything like that. I started my weight-loss journey 2 years ago. I have gone from 315 pounds down to 189 currently. it has been a lot of hard work.

I would suggest a few things: Find a local support group. A gym buddy someone.

Take it one day at a time .... plan out your meals and always be prepared for whatever. You should be eating 5-6 meals a day.

If you add me and message me I will be happy to try and help with what I can.

Keep the faith .... Its never easy but you definitely can do it.
  • rshells
    rshells Posts: 33
    Options
    I truly understand what you are going through I have been on MFP for about 3 weeks and I still have day where i go over my calories. I use those days as a learning tool and just try my best to do better the next day. This is a journey that involves a lot of personal insight. Take it one day at a time and you will begin to see minor changes.. Also feel free to add me as a friend
  • LilyBugsMommy
    LilyBugsMommy Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    When I first started I was over, way over, too.

I had talked to my doctor about losing weight and let her know that I had found this site. She liked the idea of it and told me to just track what I was eating for the first couple of weeks. Then print it out so I could see what used high calories and what used low calories. This way I could start getting an idea of what I could eat in a day, etc.

I didn't end up printing it out and I didn't wait the two weeks, but I just started paying more attention and thinking more about what I was going to eat in a day and that is how it starts.....then it is so easy!

Good luck, you can do it!
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I think most people got a scare the first time they started logging what they ate.

I started out small, cutting out sugar. Most people then start swapping what they were eating for something healthier.

Most of all, don't get overwhelmed, don't expect to be perfect overnight, it is a process and it will take some time to adapt to it.

GG
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    I also found that in the beginning planning ahead helped a lot! I even put the food into my diary a day before just to 'budget' my calorie intake. I don't do that any more because I have gotten fairly used to knowing how many calories something is and have a pretty good grasp on what I can eat and stay in my range :-) But it does take some time to get to that point. I still check some things, if someone wants take out at work I will put it into my diary to decide if I want to do it or not. You have taken the first step and that is the hardest one, the rest just takes some practice.
  • nol929
    nol929 Posts: 3
    Options
    thank you so much!
  • nol929
    nol929 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you all for the encouragment and support. I'm going to be upfront and honest and with the support of people who really understand, I'll do it. I have 80lbs to lose and I'll take it one step at a time.

Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • sellingsworth
    Options
    ONLY 700!!! - you did good girl .... I am sure everyone on this site was over the first time - It is shocking how much food we eat ... You will find great support here - one foot in front of the other .. You will do it.