Sauteed Veggies?

Options
What do you use to saute veggies in? I've always used butter, but am looking for something healthier...

Replies

• sue26
    sue26 Posts: 412
    Options
    olive oil, I prefer extra virgin :smile:
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    I've always used organic olive oil. Tasty! Add garlic & onions. Tastier!

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    olive oil, OR a lil no-salt broth (depending on whether i have extra fat available to use that day)
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I use cooking spray.
  • JulieBoBoo
    JulieBoBoo Posts: 642
    Options
    I used low or no sodium broth. I do the same for my meat as well.
  • emdeegan
    emdeegan Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    chicken broth.. or.. sometimes i use water with some fresh garlic and onion softened in it before the rest of the veggies are added..

*you can also order chinese stirfry in restaurants to be cooked in broth and no oil to lower the calorie count
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    We use a Misto spray bottle that you can put Olive oil in. It gives you just enough to coat the pan. OR sometimes a low sodium vegetable broth or chicken broth. :-D
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone, gonna have to try a few and see what I like :-)
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Try steaming them! It's my new fav! I love it!
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I use a really, really good nonstick pan and some water, or a bit of whatever sauce I'm putting in (if it's for a stir fry) that's been watered down.

Or olive oil if I want some oil for taste. Or if I'm caramelizing onions. :)
  • resptech97
    resptech97 Posts: 147
    Options
    I use low sodium soy sauce!!
  • wildsun
    wildsun Posts: 24
    Options
    I've been steaming EVERYTHING, then you can add a touch of butter for a smaller impact than if you'd cooked it in the stuff.
  • jodik11
    jodik11 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I use cooking wine, it's wonderful or else I use cooking spray and add a little bit of water to it and add a little bit of Mrs. Dash to season it up a bit.
  • jam0525
    jam0525 Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    I'm an olive oil person myself, but I like the cooking wine idea and will have to try it. Thanks for the suggestion!