Whats your snack today?

Options

Replies

• tmaksparkie
    tmaksparkie Posts: 279
    Options
    I scoop protein powder chocolate YUM, 3oz baby carrots and 1 cup radishes. YUMMY my favorites.
  • gadjank
    gadjank Posts: 4
    Options
    Lowfat yoghurt (90 cals) and a dozen tamari almonds. Very satisfying.
  • yurmomma
    yurmomma Posts: 6
    Options
    Sounds wierd...but 1/2 c brown rice mixed with vanilla yogurt and cinnamon. My own rice pudding! Sometimes if I have the calorie room I will add raisins.
  • JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas? That sounds interesting we don't do that over here (England). What's the recipie?

Either canned (rinsed and drained) or dry (they have to be soaked overnight).
    Once they are rinsed, drained. Pat them dry. Put in a bowl. Add either EVOO or I use cooking spray to cut the calories. Add garlic powder and cayenne (if you like a spicy kick in your food) paprika is good, cumin...any flavor you like really.
    Bake at 450 F for about 45 min or until brown and crispy.
    Cool and enjoy!

Lots of fiber and zero guilt!!!
  • TheMrsFitnessGeek
    TheMrsFitnessGeek Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have two sncks a day...For today am snack: Chobani 0% FAT with strawberries and pm snack: Hummus and crisp bread :) All well worth it
  • JanerZzz
    Options
    Roasted chickpeas? That sounds interesting we don't do that over here (England). What's the recipie?

I am so out of the loop...lol What are chickpeas? and where do I get them?

Chickpea is a garbanzo bean. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chickpea
    That's what they ground up to make hummus. Highly recommend to try it! they sell it canned or dry.
  • IdaMoreno38
    IdaMoreno38 Posts: 105
    Options
    Pringles Light Sour Cream & Onion Chips (14) = 70 calories. VERY TASTY!
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    triscuts and lauging cow queso!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    An apple and a granola bar.
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options

Either canned (rinsed and drained) or dry (they have to be soaked overnight).
    Once they are rinsed, drained. Pat them dry. Put in a bowl. Add either EVOO or I use cooking spray to cut the calories. Add garlic powder and cayenne (if you like a spicy kick in your food) paprika is good, cumin...any flavor you like really.
    Bake at 450 F for about 45 min or until brown and crispy.
    Cool and enjoy!

Lots of fiber and zero guilt!!!

I am going to try this... this weekend. I have to soak mine first... Can't wait.
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options

That's what they ground up to make hummus. Highly recommend to try it! they sell it canned or dry.
    What part of the grocery would it be in?
    The hummus and chickpeas?
    I would love to try it?
  • susancelli928
    Options
    Baked tortilla chips and homemade salsa
  • reander
    reander Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    One Ryvita and cottage cheese and a banana. Thought the cottage cheese might make me feel full but nope, i'm absolutely ravenous today.
  • kristy3119
    kristy3119 Posts: 46 Member
    Options

I would love to try it?

You'll find canned ones by canned vegetables and beans. The dry ones I'm not sure...by the dried beans I'd guess?
  • JanerZzz
    Options

I would love to try it?

The hummus is usually in the fridgerated area of the produce isle...at Stop & Shop here in MA they keep it near the cheeses in front of the Deli dept.
    Canned chickpeas are usually in either international isle (if you want Goya brand) or with all the canned beans (if you want store brand etc). I would recommend getting Low Sodium if you go with canned.
    Dried are usually with all the other dried beans and peas...I forget what isle it is exactly, I'm sure the international isle will have some.

Hummus is GREAT. you can use it on sandwiches instead of mayo OR as a dip for your veggies and occasional tortilla chips.

You'll be hooked!!!!
  • katdon88
    katdon88 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Carrots and Cucumbers
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    Greek yogurt with Bare Naked granola!
  • lklein
    lklein Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Apple w/ peanut butter and string cheese
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    air pop popcorn!
  • celeste_xo
    Options
    Skinny Cow white mint truffle ice cream bars.... SO delicious and only 100 calories!