weigh-ins!?

Options
Hey everyone, just wondering something. How often should one weigh themselfs?
I find myself doing it every morning!! Is it better to have a few days in between?

Replies

• Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Your gonna drive yourself crazy doing that since you weight can fluctuate day to day. I weigh in once a week every Friday morning.
  • sapmart
    sapmart Posts: 16
    Options
    It's up to you, I personally do it every morning to keep myself in check.
  • bobball
    bobball Posts: 57
    Options
    I do every morning but it can be frustrating. Keep in mind that if you are also exercising along with counting calories, you are losing FAT even if you are not losing weight as fast as you like. I am down to my last 10 or 12 pounds to lose...and I have weighed about the same the last 2 weeks....but dropped a pant size!

-B
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what works best for you. You're going to hear a lot of advice on one way or another. Some weigh every couple weeks to a month to see a bigger result. Some weigh weekly so they don't get hung up on daily fluctuations. I weigh every day b/c it's my daily reminder to keep at it. I also want to be aware of what my normal daily fluctuations are. But that's what works for me. If the daily fluctuations tend to discourage you, try waiting a few days in between weigh-ins. Or even longer. Point is, you have to do what's right for you. And while it's easy to get addicted to the scale number, it's important to look at everything - inches, how your clothes fit, how you look and feel, etc.
  • Liss1
    Liss1 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Ya i only do once a week, i use to do it every morning but my weight changes a couple lbs each day, dep on water etc. So i just like to see it once a week!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Yes, you WILL drive yourself crazy weighing everyday...... but I do :(
    And I drive myself batty.
    I do like to see some loss every A.M. but when I don't, I get upset and stress all day. But it does kinda keep me on track and help to realize what I need to change.
    Some days you'll notice a small loss, or none, then other days it's like WOAH big difference.