Looking for Yoga Friends!

Options
Hi all - I'm loving MFP and really finding value in logging and the support community. Now I'm looking to add to my friends, and really hoping for some yoga lovers like myself to relate to and share support!
I do a largely home-based practice, usually an hour a day, and attend a 90-minute class at least once a week. I love Ashtanga and my home practice is based on that (I practice with my 11 year-old at home; he loves yoga and is wonderful!), but I try to switch up the classes I attend in order to get a broader experience base. I attend a lot of Hatha and Ashtanga classes, and have also tried Vinyasa and Kundalini.
I'm hoping to sign up for teacher training in the next year!
Thanks, and keep living well!
Tree

Replies

• flea2449
    flea2449 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to love yoga. It's so hard. I'm doing it on the P90X program. I'ts about 93 minutes. I do have to say I am getting better at it. I'm hoping with time and losing more weight, I'll learn to love it, but it's not happening yet. We will see. I'll be your friend and maybe you can help me love it!
  • treekins
    treekins Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    It took me years to love yoga! The first few times I tried it, the breathing, the holding poses...the PATIENCE it took...it just wasn't for me! I found it frustrating. I think I did it "right" this time, and found a DVD I really liked, that incorporated a lot of movement along with the basic poses. From there I tried other DVDs and then started buying magazines, researching online, and attending classes in order to develop my own practice at home.

Don't give up! I think it's something you have to make your own, you know?

Friending you now!