over target

Options
ok so today i had a bit of a hunger spurt and its looking like im gunna go about 200 calories over my daily target.....will this affect me hard.....im alittle worried

Replies

• ericchastain
    ericchastain Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You could just deficit yourself the 200 calories however that would work best for you, like all at once or about 28 calories a day for the next 7 days. I have just started working on my weight but I fully intend to play this game with myself on days when I go over.
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Take in 50 calories less the next 4 days? Really 200 isn't going to make or break you :wink:
  • blueeyeddragon2115
    Options
    200 calories one day won't matter. Now if it is a constant 200 everyday you might want to change something. Also i know for me that i shoot for a number and if i am above or below by about 200 i don't worry about it. Its when you start getting to a 1000 calories over that it starts to become bigger problems because thats a little more than a 1/3 of a pound. Don't worry about it, your still on track!!!
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    ok so today i had a bit of a hunger spurt and its looking like im gunna go about 200 calories over my daily target.....will this affect me hard.....im alittle worried

200 cals over your goal will only make you lose 0.06lbs (200/3500) less than your weekly goal, if you stick to your calories every other day
  • mycrazyturtles
    Options
    Actually I find its a great thing to mess with your body. It messes it up and confuses it.
  • deesdigitaldelight
    deesdigitaldelight Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    We all have good days and bad days and I think worrying/stressing over it could lead to stress eating if you aren't careful. Relax and if possible do some more exercise. I'm new to this journey but have figured out it's all about good days and bad and I can't stress over the bad as long as I have more good days than I do bad
  • Alphastate
    Alphastate Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    It won't affect you horribly. It actually is good to slightly vary calories every now and then. Just like exercise routines, our bodies adapt to eating routines too. Jumping up a couple hundred one day and going under the next day the same amount you went over the prior day can be a good shock for the system to keep it guessing. Any other questions, shoot me a message!
  • chrisallcock
    Options
    thanks every1 :))))))))))))))))))