Supper for tinight!?

Options
I took out lean hamburger for supper any good suggestions?

Replies

• amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    no suggestions but would love to see replies!
  • susancelli928
    Options
    Tastees (loose meat sandwich) google the recipe and improvise with the higher fat ingredients. Really good
  • craftylatvian
    craftylatvian Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Sushi! My fiance' is not eating meat on Fridays during lent, and I have some extra $ this week so I am treating him to sushi. I may go over my goals for today, but I allow myself to indulge once in a while. I don't eat ice cream, cake, anything like that so I would rather go over my goal with sushi than binging on chips or fast food.
  • carrieliz81
    carrieliz81 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Dirty rice!!!!!!!!!
  • SSampley
    SSampley Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Spagetti! or Taco salad....yum taco salad I might have to have that...hahaha
  • jgerbe2
    jgerbe2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My idea~

Brown the meat with some italian seasonings (oregano, basil) and dices fresh garlic. Add some petite diced tomatoes with no salt added, green peppers, onions, zuchini, carrots, or mushrooms (or all of them, anything you might like in an Italian dish). Boil some whole wheat pasta, drain and add a tablespoon of olive oil. I did this last night and kept them seperate. Dished out pasta and them put the meat mix on top. I had plenty of leftovers so I mixed them together and put it in a baking dish. I am going to shred a little provolone on top and bake for dinner this weekend.

Hope you like it.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Ingredients

2 pounds extra lean ground beef
    1 teaspoon vegetable oil
    1 red bell pepper, diced
    1 cup celery, chopped
    1/2 cup sliced waterchestnuts
    1 cup green onions
    1 1/2 Tablespoons ginger root, finely grated
    3 cloves garlic
    2 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
    1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
    2/3 cup hoisin sauce
    1/4 cup sliced almonds

Directions

Saute bell peppers and celery in oil for 2 minutes. Add ground beef, green onions, ginger, red pepper flakes, garlic, and water chestnuts. Stir while cooking for 5 minutes, until beef is no longer pink. Add soy sauce, hoisin sauce, and almonds. Heat thoroughly for 1 minute. Place 1/16 of beef mixture into each lettuce leaf. Roll up tightly and serve immediately.

Number of Servings: 16

Nutritional Info
    Servings Per Recipe: 16
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories: 179.9
    Total Fat: 11.1 g
    Cholesterol: 39.4 mg
    Sodium: 316.0 mg
    Total Carbs: 7.7 g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
    Protein: 12.0 g
  • amberaz
    amberaz Posts: 328 Member
    Options
  • aam_84
    aam_84 Posts: 46
    Options
    I love skinnytaste.com
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Argh...I am at work without my recipes...but I make a chili that has lean ground beef, beans of your choice, one can of diced tomatoes with green chiles, lots of chopped yellow squash and zucchini. Maybe throw in a can of tomato paste to thicken it up. I think that is all I put in it, except maybe some frozen corn b/c corn makes my son eat anything, ha ha
  • gstrouphar
    Options
    Last night I made a 4 oz patty (burger) sauteed mushrooms and onions in 1 tbsp light butter, added a piece of 2% milk cheese and had a "bread-less" patty melt.

It is so good and all the onions/mush fill you up!