what can i do to get my tummy to go down in size

Options
I have the diet. But what can i do to get my tummy to go down. I do cardio 3 days a week. Crunches, leg raises, when the weather warms up and snow melts i can start walking.... any ideas...

Replies

• chrisallcock
    Options
    try interval training when you do your cardio
  • SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    Clean eating is the biggest way to target the midsection. Not dieting, but sticking to the top two tiers of Michi's Ladder. Sounds like you're doing enough cardio, but crunches and the like won't really do much to show your abs until you shed the fat.
  • smilebhappy
    smilebhappy Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    try giving the 30 day shred a try plus cardio
    I am on my 6th day & swear I see a difference in my belly already ;)
  • bblonskidesigns
    Options
    i'm using Jillian Michaels's dvd 6 week 6 pack. so far in 2 weeks, i've lost 1.25 inches off my waist. :) maybe give that a try?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    80% of weight loss is diet related, so clean diet, a bunch of cardio, and some strength training.
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Cardio, cardio , cardio! That is the main thing that will take care of your tummy (and any other problem area). Unfortunately we can't target one area. But with cardio you will burn the fat!
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    I agree preservatives and dyes Etc in our diets are making us sick and bloated.
    Clean eating is the biggest way to target the midsection. Not dieting, but sticking to the top two tiers of Michi's Ladder. Sounds like you're doing enough cardio, but crunches and the like won't really do much to show your abs until you shed the fat.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    What is clean eating
  • josalynefletcher
    josalynefletcher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    AGREE!!!!!! It is not about a "DIET".... you have to change the way you eat..... forever. for the better though. CLEAN eating is the best way i have ever heard it decribed! i like to use... where does cheese come from? a cow... what are cows? fat! what do cows eat? hay n grass (floury foods- carbs)... what are cows FAT. where does beef come from? cows, what are cows? fat! supplement these things with an alternative.... use string cheese if you HAVE to have cheese, use ground turkey instead of beef, and eat WHOLE GRAIN 100% whole wheat bread if you HAVE to have bread or pasta.... cut the POP/Soda out completely and down(inhale) the water and viatmins.. trust me the belly fat will SHED!!!!!!!!! I've lost 20 lbs already just eating CLEAN.
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    So you just need to eat as much of the clean food as you can in your meals. But still stay in your calories.
  • josalynefletcher
    josalynefletcher Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    alos not just calories, but make your fat come from "good for you" fat... skip the chips with your turkey burger, have a sweet potatoe or add avacado... little things liek this im telling you MELT THE FAT!!!

btw, i just posted on my blog... i read an article that the tuna sandwich from subway and quiznos are equal to 18 budwisers!!!! ya! no thanks! steer clear!
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    There are multiple kinds of fat that make up your belly. There is visceral fat that covers your internal organs as ell as adipose fat that sits under the skin. A clean diet (low in sodium, refined sugar, and processed foods, but high in lean protein, good fats, and plants) is critical to getting rid of the fat that clings to your internal organs (and that fat is the most dangerous for your health). Cardio exercises is critical for burning the fat under your skin (and reducing fat all over your body). But in turn you must also add resistance training that strengthens your abdominal AND back muscles (pilates, yoga, planks, weight-lifting). And finally, you must remember that there will be no overnight success in this area—not even close. Your consistency and attention will show results, but the progress will be slow.
  • amazingmummy
    amazingmummy Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    There are multiple kinds of fat that make up your belly. There is visceral fat that covers your internal organs as ell as adipose fat that sits under the skin. A clean diet (low in sodium, refined sugar, and processed foods, but high in lean protein, good fats, and plants) is critical to getting rid of the fat that clings to your internal organs (and that fat is the most dangerous for your health). Cardio exercises is critical for burning the fat under your skin (and reducing fat all over your body). But in turn you must also add resistance training that strengthens your abdominal AND back muscles (pilates, yoga, planks, weight-lifting). And finally, you must remember that there will be no overnight success in this area—not even close. Your consistency and attention will show results, but the progress will be slow.