does this work?

Options
I have been doing this for 5 days now and I love it, but does it really work?

Replies

• Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    absolutely, I have lost 27 pounds in 3 months in the best shape of my life and loving it.
  • Lorrie7195
    Options
    Hi, if you're committed, and have decided to get healthy...Yes, it works!:happy:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    If you do it right! Eat healthy (lean protein, healthy fats, vegetables, low sugar) and exercise, eat your exercise calories and you'll be fine. I've been doing this for a year and a couple months. I've lost 21 lbs. I could have lost more if I hadn't gotten distracted and slacked on exercise and diet but what's done is done and I've been back into the groove for 3 straight months and have lost several inches and 5 lbs.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    You betcha! Since 03/07/2011 til today 03/31/2011 I have lost 12 pounds! I weighed myself today & was in shock! :bigsmile:

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    It works! The support, friends and fun keeps you motivated!
  • Tommy4Gun
    Options
    I am down three pounds in two weeks, and have gained muscle and lost fat. This is the BEST program I have found at keeping you honest and the support group is great....
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yep! but you have to do it everyday and you have to log EVERYTHING you consume and log your exercise and don't go over your calories. I've been doing it for 11 weeks and am down 23.8 lbs.....
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    It works if you want it to work. And is a great place for motivation and support!
  • crjugrl
    crjugrl Posts: 172
    Options
    Nothing works unless you do. It is a great tool though :flowerforyou:. The success stories I've read are amazing.
  • SixCatFaerie
    SixCatFaerie Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Your definitely right about keeping on track! For the first 3 weeks I didn't do so well. Now the pounds are flying off! :bigsmile:

4581915.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    It works if you log everything and you're honest with yourself. Exercise helps a lot!
  • FAMILY02184
    Options
    does everyone eat there calories whether exercising or not? say i have 1200 cal a day i have to eat 1200 cals a day, sometimes i eat under that will that not make me lose weight.. i did not 3 lbs...

what does people eat for breakfast?
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    1200 a day is not enough for the average person, its the BARE minimum, go with what mfp gave you and try not to exceed more than a 1pound/week unless you have a lot to lose. What you need to be looking at is the deficit. For example I eat 2200 cals/day to shed 0.5lb/wk and if I were to burn 1000 cals/day I would now have a deficit of 1250 cals/day. (mfp already factors in the deficit for you of 250/day for 0.5 lb/week, 500/day for 1 lb/week and 75o/day for 1.5 etc and so on. To shed more than 1 lb/week with 30-40 to shed the body will at some point in time revolt and slow down metabolic rate on you. You do not want to exceed a 500 cal deficit/day with 30-40 pounds to lose. We want to get the body working with you and not against you.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    This website won't magically make you lose weight. If you put your all into eating right and working out, then yes it will work for you. Good luck!!!
  • justnname
    justnname Posts: 162
    Options
    What you put into it is what you get out of it. I has worked for me. It is shocking when you start adding to your food log how many calories you are actual eating. It makes me think about my food before I eat it.

Lynda
  • sellingsworth
    Options
    it works and it is free -