Larger people + inches??

Options
So, I've officially lost 20 lbs now and I see absolutely no difference in the way my clothes fit. For those of you who were significantly larger (250+ lbs ... I started at 300) how long did it take you to start seeing the inches go down instead of just the pounds?

Replies

• JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I started this at about the same as you...ive lost 18lbs so far and ive noticed my tight jeans aren't so tight..however i don't have alot of inches gone. its gone more in my tummy area. i would like to know what others have to say on this as well.

feel free to add me!
  • deesdigitaldelight
    deesdigitaldelight Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I've only lost just shy of 4 lbs so far so not enough to be able to answer this question. But I would like to know the answer as well. I'm @ 312 currently and my first goal is to finally be under 300.
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have shed 40 pounds and it was about at my 30 pound loss that I really started seeing a difference in my clothes. Hang in there and you will be amazed at the difference in your body.
  • shallo
    shallo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I lost mostly boob first, and since the bra I was wearing wasn't the right size to begin with I didn't really notice right away. I'd say I was about 25-30 pounds before I really noticed my pants fitting differently.
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    I started at 253lb I was 17lbs down when I realised I wasn't having to lean so far forward to see the numbers on the scale! I've definitely dropped a couple of sizes but the view in the mirror doesnt seem any different so I guess its all in my head! Also I think because I have big boobs I don't notice it when looking down as i've lost nothing off the girls yet (hope it stays that way, always had em, love em!)

Take measurements and photos (for your eyes only) and compare them once a month.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" and started at 280 lbs. I didn't really lose a full size until I'd gone down about 25-30 pounds. Now I lose a size every 10-15 pounds. My ticker doesn't show it yet, but I've lost a little over 73 pounds so far (since September).
    I was a 24W, now I'm a regular 16 in pants. Was a XXL on top, now I'm mostly a medium, sometimes a large. Was a 20W in dresses, now I'm a 12.
    I've lost over 60 inches all over, mostly in my waist and very little from my chest, but it really does depend on how much you exercise and genetics.
  • VictorinoDennis
    Options
    I started at 326 in November last year. I am currently at 301. ( Not good but I went out for knee surgery and gained back 15) Anyway I started seeing a difference after 20 lbs. Just hang in there.
  • chiliflea
    chiliflea Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Hi there!
    I started at 303lbs and have lost 30lbs... I have lost about 3 inches on my waist and half an inch off my hips. I have gone down a dress size from a UK 24 to a UK 22. Also an XL t-shirt fits better... I think I'd lost about 25lbs before I saw any real difference in my clothes but lots of people had noticed my face getting thinner...
    Feel free to add me if you like? X
  • licha75
    licha75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I have lost 37.2 pounds so far and I started in January 2011.:happy: My goal is to lose 2 pounds per week, so far so good. :smile: The first 25 pounds I didn't really feel any different. Lately I noticed I could get into my older jeans which are 2 sizes smaller. I noticed my double chin is decreasing also! So I would give it time. :flowerforyou: People haven't really noticed I lost weight, specially those that see me everyday, those who haven't seen me everyday, notice that I have lost weight. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Mine is a long one, but I am persistent so I know I will get there. I can't change my past but I sure can change my future, and in my future there is weight loss!:smile:
  • kittyinaz
    kittyinaz Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!! I was thinking around the 30 lb mark was when it would start showing!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I started back in December and was over 250.....so far I have lost 42 pounds and 23 12 inches!!! I to get the figures together!!! I lost most of my inches doing JM 30 day shred!!! I have dropped over 4 sizes.......my weight lost was in the beginning and when I started JM 30 day shred...that is when the inches started coming off.....and that was the first of March.....

I think it is different for everyone. I would say if you are not seeing the results you want...change up your exercise!!!
  • choley222
    choley222 Posts: 57
    Options
    I started at 255 and it was until I had lost over 30 lbs that I noticed a difference in my clothes. Hang in there and you will start to see a difference.