Exciting NSV

Options
I had an echocardiogram about a year ago. At that time, it showed a thickening in the heart wall. Dr. assured me it was normal for someone my age with a history of high blood pressure. So..my year went by. I have since joined MFP and have begun eating better and exercising. They did a stress test the other day. Did an echo right before the test, and right after. Now, the thickening is completely gone! The Doc says my heart is great and I have reversed the damage! So, maybe the scale isn't moving very fast for me, but I fixed my heart. So, some of our successes aren't necessarily visible from the outside, but they are vitally imporant in our journey. And perhaps the length of our journey! :D

Replies

• cmbneeley
    cmbneeley Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    that's an AMAZING NSV! way to go! something like that beats out a good scale day, every time.
  • Tabs_A
    Tabs_A Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Just goes to show what an amazing thing you are doing for your body! Keep it up!
  • clwasmer
    clwasmer Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    :smile: YaY so happy for you!!!!
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    awesome awesome nsv... SOOOOOO significant!!! great job!
  • Laelee
    Laelee Posts: 36
    Options
    That's amazing! I'm so happy for you.
  • lcs1211
    lcs1211 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is absolutely wonderful. Keep up the great work!
  • justinmwykes
    Options
    Way to go mom! Keep it up!
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful news. Heart disease is very hard to reverse but you did it. That is fantastic. What a good study/research that would make...beginnings of heart disease and what diet & exercise can go verses all the medications. Very cute dogs by the way.
  • ria50
    ria50 Posts: 1
    Options
    That is awesome! Keep up the good work!
  • kittykat4lyf
    kittykat4lyf Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! I am so very happy for you!!! You are so very right and I'm sure that your success is all the more motivation to stay on track. Good for you!! :)
  • findingfreedom
    Options
    AWESOME! That's waaayyyyy better than pounds lost on a scale!
  • Linda4859
    Linda4859 Posts: 78
    Options
    A truely inspiring story. Thankyou for shring.x
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! So happy for you!!!! You rock!!!!
  • kellykaye_xo
    kellykaye_xo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    That is incredible and very inspiring! I'm so happy for you!
  • wtpclc
    wtpclc Posts: 2
    Options
    Congratulations again! I am so thrilled for you!
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is such good news for you, and a great reminder for all of us that it's not just about bikinis and such, there are serious health implications from our choices, good or bad!! thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!