Here I am and looking for friends in this journey

Options
Hey all,

I just starting on my fitness journey hoping to gain some support and advice from others. Feel free to check out my profile and shoot me a message. I'm looking for success stories as well. Thanks.

Replies

• kimcat73
    kimcat73 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Welcome! So happy to have ya here, you're gonna love it!!!!
  • ChunTingO
    ChunTingO Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    its going to change the way you look and feel!!! welcome!!
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    good luck & never give up~!
  • rosaless
    rosaless Posts: 2
    Options
    You can do this. I started MFP on Jan 3rd @ 253. I am 205 today and still going strong. My wife started 2 weeks after me and has lost 31 lbs, so together we have lost nearly 80 lbs! My goal weight is 185, so I only have 20 lbs to go. I have never tried ANYTHING that has worked this well. Your food diary is the key. Just log in every day, ESPECIALLY on those days that you go over your calorie goal. Just remember, it's not how well you to day to day, but how well you do each week. Track your progress, and make it a goal to improve your average every week. Good luck!!!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm a Tiger so we have to be friends!!!!
  • Becks1c
    Becks1c Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Cutiger,

my name is Chris and I just started training as well, Tuesday in fact. I'm trying to lose some weight or rather rearrange. I'd like to slim the waist and strengthen the upper body.

My start weight was 240lbs, which I will be trying to reduce to 211 in a three month period. If you like we could compare our weekly trials and tribulations on a weekly basis.

Might give us a bit of a competitive feel to the whole thing.

I'm working on my weight loss by changing my diet, No more bacon and heavy fat fried foods, also counting calories.
    Joined the Golds Gym in Long Beach and will be working out 4 times a week.

Wishing you lots of success.

Regards

Chris
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent :bigsmile:

Welcome. You will love MFP. I've been on here faithfully since January of this year and I am hooked. Everyone is so nice and supportive.
  • Cutiger81
    Cutiger81 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that advice
  • Cutiger81
    Cutiger81 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Glad to see your blood runs orange. LOL