What?!

Options
loreeb18
loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
I went out to Applebees tonight. I knew I was going to get the chicken broccoli pasta alfredo bowl. So I ate few calories throughout the day so that supper wouldn't blow my calories. I made the mistake of not looking it up before I went. It has 1644 calories! That's 150 more calories than my daily limit! So now I am over my calories for the day by like 700 and it's 10pm so it's not like I'm going to workout now. I can't believe it. That just goes to show that when you estimate a meal's calories, it's easy to be WAY off.

Replies

• loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I went out to Applebees tonight. I knew I was going to get the chicken broccoli pasta alfredo bowl. So I ate few calories throughout the day so that supper wouldn't blow my calories. I made the mistake of not looking it up before I went. It has 1644 calories! That's 150 more calories than my daily limit! So now I am over my calories for the day by like 700 and it's 10pm so it's not like I'm going to workout now. I can't believe it. That just goes to show that when you estimate a meal's calories, it's easy to be WAY off.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Aww, I'm sorry!

It's just one day though, and now you'll know not to eat it without looking it up first.

Plus, if you're set at 2lb a week loss, you still have a deficet. And if it's 1lb then you're only 200 over maintenance. That's not so bad! :flowerforyou:

Just make tomorrow a new day.
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I went to BK tonight (I worked out a head of time knowing I was going there) and I was the person looking at the nurtional information. LOL. When I go to applesbees I use the WW portion I found the tilipa (sp) is really good and Im a picky eater. Also, if you know you are going somewhere you can look up calories a head of time online. But I know stuff happens last min. Good luck in the future. :flowerforyou:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Ouch, yeah looking up the food first is definitely the way to go. But don't sweat it too much, you can't undo it now and it's only one day. Just get back on track tomorrow.

I know how you feel though, I've been working 12 hour days lately which is definitely something I am not used to. I've been with this company for over three years and this is the first time I have gotten any significant overtime, I am used to being out the door at 5 on the nose. So all week I haven't been able to make it to the grocery store so we have no food in the house and being too tired to even try to conjure up a meal out of the little we do have, I've picked up dinner two or three nights this week. Taco bell last night mcdonalds tonight.....I didn't go over my calories today, in fact I was 50 under, but just knowing the lack of value in my meals lately has me feeling pretty blah. Thank God it's almost the weekend!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Yep...life happens. Restaraunts always give us major wake up calls. Get back on track tomorrow. It may have even gave your metabolism a shake-up.:bigsmile:
  • Badtz
    Badtz Posts: 14
    Options
    I've found that the good rule of thumb is to NEVER ORDER ANYTHING OFF THE APPLEBEES MENU THAT"S NOT W W !!!

Almost ALL their stuff has MASSIVE quantities of calories in it... but don't feel too bad, we all mess up occasionally, at least you did on accident! I consumed an ENTIRE 6 pack of beer with friend chicken on Sunday... can't pretend I didn't know what I was doing there!

But I learned from it, and that's what we've all gotta do, right?