What has happened to me?!

Options
I started dieting about 5 months ago, I am on the WW plan. I have lost 50 pounds. I always had such strength, willpower and motivation. For about the past 2 weeks, all the willpower has gone down the drain. :sad: It seems like lately no matter how hard I try to tell myself "No, I am NOT eating that!" I end up eating it anyway. :mad: I am afraid I am going to start gaining my weight back and that terrifies me. :cry: I don't want all my hard work undone. What can I do to help get my mojo back?:ohwell:

Replies

• mommyagain
    Options
    I started dieting about 5 months ago, I am on the WW plan. I have lost 50 pounds. I always had such strength, willpower and motivation. For about the past 2 weeks, all the willpower has gone down the drain. :sad: It seems like lately no matter how hard I try to tell myself "No, I am NOT eating that!" I end up eating it anyway. :mad: I am afraid I am going to start gaining my weight back and that terrifies me. :cry: I don't want all my hard work undone. What can I do to help get my mojo back?:ohwell:
  • nightangelstars
    nightangelstars Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Are you stressed out about something? I find personally that stress from other areas of life has a way of sapping my willpower for healthy food habits . . . if it's stress, I'd recommend just taking some time to relax and de-stress - you know, take a long bath or a slow walk, or treat yourself to a good book or something along those lines, whatever works for you. Also it might benefit you even if you're not stressed, you shouldn't worry too much about failing (thinking too much about what you don't want isn't good, your brain physically doesn't understand the concept of 'not' so you need to focus on what you DO want, like maybe the next size down of jeans that you want to fit into or something).

Just my two cents, I hope something in there was helpful! Don't worry, you've done great and you'll continue doing great! :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Here's a great article written by a former MFP member that may explain a bit about what you're going thru...
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/28668-what-to-expect-during-the-phases-of-weight-loss

hth!!
    I'll check back in later...need to get out the door right now!:flowerforyou:
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    Options
    Fitness_Chick - thank you for the link. Even though I know this and can tell myself that these stages are normal it is nice to hear it from someone else.