Les Ride! Cycling Studio -- Has Anyone Tried It???

Options
Hello Everyone,

I've recently begun a new work out routine, and I've heard that cycling is a great way to build endurance....has anyone tried cycling as a way to initialize weight loss? There's a new cycling studio in my area called Les Ride, and I'm thinking about trying this place out...has anyone been? Your input is appreciated!!! Thanks everyone --- and don't give up!

Replies

• lulutm
    lulutm Posts: 57
    Options
    Part of my initial weight loss strategy included cycling as one of my cardio exercises. Now that I've reached my goal weight, I still do a spinning class at least once per week and road cycle a few times a month, typically 30 miles+.

On average, an hour of hard road cycling, according to my heart rate monitor, burns about 650 - 700 calories.

Awesome calorie burn, great way to get outdoors during the spring and summertime!

Happy trails!!!

1178051.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jessiseling
    Options
    I love cycling! I do it for the cardio work out and it definitely helps build your endurance. There hasn't been much weighloss but I'm still a beginner. My legs definitely feel slimmer and I feel great when I'm done. See if they will let you try it out first. It's not for everyone, some of my friends find it more boring than challenging.
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    i am a cycling instructor and i highly recommend it!! cycling is my favorite class to teach because you can really zone out and focus on your workout. there is a difference between cycling and spinning instructors so depending on the type of instr, you will get a diff ride/workout. certified spinning instrs have been trained and certified under trademark. they are more road ready trainers focusing on lower body. i'm a cycling instr and follow similar training as spinners but i use a lot of upper body exercises using hand weights to get a full body ride. i throw in kickboxing moves along with weight training exercises all while your feet are pedalling. i also throw in ab work too. cycling does wonders for your legs! u get a full leg workout if done correctly. if you compare the movement of your feet to the hands of a clock....between 1:00-5:00 use quads to push down, 5:00-7:00 your calf muscles kick in, 7:00-11:00 hamstrings are use to pull up on the pedals and when your foot reaches the top between 11:00-1:00 your glutes kick in. so if you push down and pull up with each stride, all the muscles in your legs will be utilized. most just starting out push down only causing your quads to fail early leaving you exhausted and unable to finish a class. just starting out, have your instr properly fit you to the bike and adjust your feet in the straps. happy riding!