Zumba, How do you record this on your exercise log?

Options
I have just become addicted to Zumba. What a great way to get into shape and have fun at the same time! However, I noticed that it is not in the gallary of exercises to choose from. What would you log Zumba as if it is not on the list?
Also, if you like zumba too I would love to have you as a friend! Thank you!:flowerforyou:

Replies

• angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    since i dont have an HRM, i logged it as aerobics.....
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I always logged my Zumba as "High Impact Aerobics" and never "trusted" the numbers.

So I bought an HRM.

Yea, the numbers were pretty much bang on! :D
  • jenniferbourque
    Options
    I've been logging it as low impact aerobics, since I don't have a HRM either.
  • cranmuffin
    cranmuffin Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I log it in as aerobic dance and I keep track of how many calories I burn with a MIO watch. My average is 430 calories per hour.
  • msproducer
    msproducer Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    High impact aerobics, most likely. I normally burn 646-696 calories during Zumba class.
  • Jamievw
    Jamievw Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a heart rate monitor, so I just created my own exerisce and labeled it Zumba. For me, my monitor says I burn 420 calories doing 50 minutes of it.
  • Nyirishlass
    Options
    I log it as Aerobics, high impact.... Zumba is the best!!!
  • dawnw30
    dawnw30 Posts: 270
    Options
    I have logged mine as Modern Dance...sounded good to me, lol!:wink:
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba too!!!! Before I got my HRM I logged it as high impact aerobics, which was only a small overage. My HRM says I burn between 450 and 485 calories for an hour session.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I too log it as high impact aerobics. I love love love Zumba!! One of my classes is canceled now which bums me out, but I have 2 others a week I can go to, with a possible 3rd one. I also bought the Zumba dvds from a friend and am going to get Zmba for Wii soon!!
  • TammyAK
    TammyAK Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I am so looking forward to getting my DVD's so I can practice at home and go to classes for extra support. I think I will log it as High Impacr Arobics for now untill i get a HRM.:smile:
  • veggiemuncher12
    veggiemuncher12 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I LOVE zumba!! I have a HRM that I use but I would log it as aerobics probably? I am committing to zumba 4 days a week.. so happy I found it!
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Zumba is the best!!!!!!!! and I logged mine as a general dance