Easy, healthy hamburger recipes

Options
I have some hamburger taken out of the freezer that we have to eat tonight, and I'm tired of the same old things we always have... Looking for something new, easy, and healthy... And something that a picky 9 year old would eat... Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• mkcalvert
    mkcalvert Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Try http://www.3fatchicks.com/ They have some pretty good recepies...I'm trying the Chunky Chicken Chili tonight :)
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    How about "goulash"? Brown the ground beef, and then mix with stewed tomatoes, cooked whole wheat pasta, and any other veggies of your choice (onions, peppers, etc.)?
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I have a meatloaf recipe I plugged into here that says it is only 113 calories a serving if you would like it I can give it to you?
  • jojokacz
    jojokacz Posts: 13
    Options
    Break up the ground beef into small pieces, chop cup some broccoli and saute together - season with whatever you prefer. I have some Durkee steak spice that works great. You could serve this with pasta for the rest of the family. I don't eat pasta when I am loosing weight.
  • beckymike36
    beckymike36 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have a meatloaf recipe I plugged into here that says it is only 113 calories a serving if you would like it I can give it to you?

I'd love it!!
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I get some small rolls and make 2oz burgers, 2 for each person. Then take about 8 small paper plates and put something different on each one. Not necessarily normal burger stuff, just whatever I have. Then call it Build Your Own Burger night. My picky eater put some shredded carrots, banana slices, and a spoon full of leftover mashed potatoes on his. Then he told me I should learn to build burgers as good as him. Sounds gross to me but he loved it.
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Ok, well first off the hamburger I get is in 1 1/2 lbs because I get hamburger from my dad since he farms beef cattle, but 1 lbs packages will work awesome too!

1 or 1 1/2 lb raw hamburger
    3/4 can of tomato juice
    1 egg
    12 wheat saltine crackers, crushed
    chopped onion to taste (I don't like onions so I don't add this)

Put the hamburger in a bowl along with the other ingredients. Mix everything up. Spray a loaf pan and put the meat mixture into the pan. If you want to you can top with a line of ketchup (I do this because I think it adds a little flavor). Bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours or until it is cooked all the way through! (I have a convection oven so mine only takes about 1 hour and 10 minutes)

I make this all of the time when we have our nieces over and they love it, hope you like it as well! :happy: