Getting fit at forty

Options
I have discovered that the body is not as forgiving once you enter your forties. :sad:
I am determined to lose a few pounds but mostly get into better shape!!! Would love to meet people to share my journey with and support in their journey!! :happy:

Replies

• MariaPCanDoIt
    Options
    Hi! Welcome, I'm new here too and I'm looking forward to sharing & supporting as well :happy: ...ssooooo Tattooed Mom eh? me too! I'm in my mid-thirties and boy..my body is loving me now that I started taking care of her :heart:
  • Gidget86
    Gidget86 Posts: 45
    Options
    I'm in the same situation as you!
    Forties and looking to get healthy for the rest of my life!

And its not as easy as it once was....:angry:
  • Lazyboy09
    Lazyboy09 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I am 41. I started my fitness journey for real last summer. I currently weigh less than I did leaving high school and am more fit than I have ever been in my life. It will be hard work, but you can do it too.
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I have lost 30 lbs since January and I need to lose 50 more. Going for my black belt in karate this year.
  • sharaleeb
    sharaleeb Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm knocking and forty is about to answer! That's exactly why I'm trying to get fit now! It's sure is harder now that we've aged a few years! Good luck with your journey!
  • wysmom2000
    wysmom2000 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 years old and in the best shape I've ever been. Including my teenage years. I can't believe it took me so long to see how destructive I was being to my body and mind. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it! I've had people say to me "Why do you want to workout and lose weight? You look fine how you are." I might have looked fine, but no one knows what's on the inside except you. Good luck to you...I know you can succeed!!
  • ToeKneeRay
    ToeKneeRay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 43 and the days are long gone when I was a size 3 and could eat whatever I wanted. I'm about 2.5 months in on myfitnesspal, working out regularly and liking the results! Reading some of the posts before mine was truly inspirational. Good luck!