Nursing Mom who's new to the site!

melgarcia78
melgarcia78 Posts: 1
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
Hi! I am new to this site and am excited to get going with my weight loss goals! I just had a baby (he's now 3 months old) and I breastfeed him. I want to lose weight without jeopardizing my milk production. How do I do this on this program? Any help / tips that you have would be appreciated!

Replies

• shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    my son is 18 months now ive been full time brestfeeding since he was born, i started working out hard and watching my food since he was 12 months and my milk supply has never got low, dieting wont affect ur supply only if baby stops demanding...good luck!
  • mostein
    mostein Posts: 200 Member
    I began working out after my baby was 6 weeks and I maintained a great milk supply. I think you have to keep up your fluids and don't deprive yourself of nutrition but make wise choices. I also agree with the other comment that as long as your baby is demanding the supply should maintain. Good luck :)
  • steffystef
    steffystef Posts: 17 Member
    hello and welcome!

my babys just turning 4 months and i started dieting when he turned 3 months. Unfortunately for me, I went about dieting the wrong way and cut out most of the calories and really deprived my body. So i felt like my milk supply reduced drastically. He feeds quite often enough so the demand is there. Especially towards night time, seems like there isnt much. But after realizing that I am supposed to eat the 1200 cals per day, ive been reaching that goal and theres definitely more milk. Theres still a little struggle when it comes to the evening time though. Not sure why :(
    Anyway, I'm glad your on here and good luck! Great question!
This discussion has been closed.