Good Chicken Recipe?

Options
Does anyone have a good healthy recipe for something using boneless, skinless chicken breasts? Also, something relatively simple. We have soccer practice tonight so I won't be home until close to 7 so I don't want a meal that takes 2 hours to prepare and cook.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions...THANK YOU!

Replies

• JanerZzz
    JanerZzz Posts: 276
    Options
    If you have a jar of salsa at home, just bake chicken breast under salsa. serve with whatever sides you have....brown rice, veggies.
    or you could make a quick chicken stir fry...using whatever is in the fridge and pantry.
  • sellingsworth
    Options
    chop chicken breast, green pepper, onion, saute until chicken is brownish - throw in some canned tomato - serve over cauliflower - you will not even miss the pasta.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Cooking Light Chicken Piccata:
    http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001227898

My wife makes this for me and it is excellent.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:519 (21% from fat)
    Fat:12g (sat 3.7g,mono 4.9g,poly 1.8g)
    Protein:48.1g
    Carbohydrate:51g
    Fiber:2.3g
    Cholesterol:116mg
    Iron:4mg
    Sodium:396mg
    Calcium:40mg
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    My sister's favorite fast recipe? Broiled Italian chicken breasts.

Stick the breasts on a broiling pan, preheat the oven to 350.
    Marinate the top side of the chicken with Italian dressing.
    15 minutes in the oven.
    Flip em and marinate the other side.
    15 more minutes.
    Done

With green beans! YUM!
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I just made this and it was really tasty, I took chicken breast (mine was frozen). I put it in a skillet with about 1inch of water, cooked till thawed that I could cut it up. cut into bite size pieces, added some seasonings, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, pepper, minced onion. Cooked about 5 more minutes, then threw in a cup of baby carrots and added another 1/2 water. I let this cook till water was gone. med heat. Then sort of browned it. Served with a salad and a sweet potato with 1 tbsp of i cant believe it's not butter. very yummy:)
  • DoReMiFaSoLaTiDo
    Options
    Cut chicken breasts in half ( thin) coat with bread crumbs ( I prefer panko) and pan fry in coconut oil ( healthiest oil to fry with and you'd only need a couple of tablespoons)
    served with mixed green salad with vinegarette
  • robbiesangel
    Options
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I will have to try them all in the future meals!
  • riopower
    riopower Posts: 3
    Options
    Crock Pot with low cal cream of mushroom soup.
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    We love the simple shake and bake chicken.......we use orginal or even the BBQ; takes about 20 - 25 minutes to bake at 350
    for faster cooking, cut the breast in half
  • kimel
    kimel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Creamy Chicken & Pasta Bake

1-1/2 cups multigrain rotini pasta, uncooked
    1 small bunch broccoli, cut into florets (3 cups)
    1 lb. (450 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
    1/2 cup 25%-less-sodium chicken broth
    1/4 cup (1/4 of 250-g tub) Light Cream Cheese Spread
    3/4 cup Part Skim Mozzarella Shredded Cheese, divided
    2 Tbsp.100% Parmesan Light Grated Cheese
    Make It

HEAT oven to 375ºF. Cook pasta in large saucepan as directed on package, adding broccoli for the last 3 min.

MEANWHILE, heat large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 min. or until no longer pink, stirring frequently. Stir in broth; simmer 3 min. or until chicken is done. Add cream cheese; cook and stir on low heat 1 min. or cheese is melted. Stir in 1/2 cup mozzarella.

DRAIN pasta and broccoli. Add to chicken mixture; mix lightly. Spoon into 8-inch sq. baking dish; cover.

BAKE 15 min. or until heated through. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 3 min. or until melted. Let stand 5 min.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    I love making BBQ chicken and potato parcels.
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-and-Potato-Parcels/Detail.aspx

I use 4 oz of skinless & boneless chicken breast, about 1/2 cup of cauliflower, about 6 ears baby corn, half a small russet potato, half of a small onion, and Hungry Girl's Not-So-Secret BBQ sauce. All for less than 350 calories. Very filling and delish!