I did it......I thnk, you tell me!

Options
Okay, so I LOVE to eat out. I have NEVER been able to control myself and order healthy. I usually just say "I'll start over tomorrow" Well, today all the girls in the office were going out to lunch and they invited me. So I told myself this will just have to be a test. I think I passed!!! We went for Mexican food!!! I was going to have Caldo (mexican soup) but all that was left was the broth and cabbage. I do not like cabbage. So instead, I ordered the chicken fajita plate. I ordered soft/NOT FRIED CORN tortillas, no guacamole, no sour cream (those are my favorites). The fajitas are served with grilled onions & bell peppers. So I ate most of the chicken and the tortillas. I did NOT eat the beans and the rice couldn't have been even a 1/2 cup and I left some of that on the plate too!!!!! That is like a BIG MILESTONE for me!!!! No cheese either, I just realized that!! And I didn't even miss it and I LOVE cheese.

So what do you think, did I pass? Did I do good? Huh did I, did I???

Charlaine

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I LOVE to eat out. I have NEVER been able to control myself and order healthy. I usually just say "I'll start over tomorrow" Well, today all the girls in the office were going out to lunch and they invited me. So I told myself this will just have to be a test. I think I passed!!! We went for Mexican food!!! I was going to have Caldo (mexican soup) but all that was left was the broth and cabbage. I do not like cabbage. So instead, I ordered the chicken fajita plate. I ordered soft/NOT FRIED CORN tortillas, no guacamole, no sour cream (those are my favorites). The fajitas are served with grilled onions & bell peppers. So I ate most of the chicken and the tortillas. I did NOT eat the beans and the rice couldn't have been even a 1/2 cup and I left some of that on the plate too!!!!! That is like a BIG MILESTONE for me!!!! No cheese either, I just realized that!! And I didn't even miss it and I LOVE cheese.

Charlaine
  • stapesgirl
    Options
    :laugh: LMAO....hahahaha....

I would be proud if that was me! So, I say: Way to go, girl! :bigsmile:
  • bittersweet22
    bittersweet22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    YAY!!! Good for you!!! :happy: Keep up the good work!!!!!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    You did AWESOME.:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • carajo
    carajo Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    GOOD JOB!! I :heart: mexican food!!!! Sounds like you made a great choice ..and a yummy one!:smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Charlaine

We are sooo proud of you Charlaine!!
    You passed with flying colors my dear!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • ktmayne
    Options
    Congrats... I would be excited if I did that! I don't think I have ever ordered mexican with out tons of cheese!
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    Options
    Way to go!! You have to start somewhere and just the fact that you made a conscious effort to make a better choice passes yuo with flying colors in my book!! Be proud of yourself and continue to make the healthy choice!!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Great job! :happy:
  • meandmybichon
    Options
    Good job!