Abs diet?

Options
Ok... so its time to make a change in my eating habits. These first three months of tracking calories has helped me make better choices in every way... but at this point its not enough. I have 12 more pounds to lose. Anyone follow the abs diet? It looks yummy and easy to follow. :)

Replies

• SpencerR
    SpencerR Posts: 37
    Options
    I'll b honest with you there is no "ab diet". Getting visible abs is all about a low body fat percentage... your last 12 lbs might not yeild abs due to body fat %. I'm aiming for another 10 lbs to lose but I don't think it'll bring me abs yet. Limit your carbs and fat and you'll b fine. Good Luck
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    Options
    Whatever happened to looking normal?????
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Ok... so its time to make a change in my eating habits. These first three months of tracking calories has helped me make better choices in every way... but at this point its not enough. I have 12 more pounds to lose. Anyone follow the abs diet? It looks yummy and easy to follow. :)

what is this abs diet?
  • desirez131
    desirez131 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Jillian micheals had a post about this on Facebook. Her tips were to cut sodium, increase water intake and to make your workouts more intense. She recommended 85% BMR. Not sure what you are doing now but I hope I helped. Good luck!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    lots of people have abs without limiting carbs and fat.
    Don't give them bad advice.
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Okay, so the abs diet is not just about your abs! It is actually about reducing body fat through healthy eating and exercise. Research people! It is an acronym short for ABS DIET POWER. just eat the acronym: a=Almonds and other nuts, B= Beans and other legumes, S=Spinach and other green vegatables, D=Dairy (low fat), I= Instant oatmeal, E= Eggs, T= Turkey and other lean meats, P= Peanut butter, O= Olive oil, W= Whole-grain breads and cereals, E= Extra-whey protien powder, R= Rasberries and other berries.

There is no measuring, no calorie counting. Just eat from the list three meals and three snacks. (trying to eat 6 times a day really reduces portion size.) My cousins eat this way everyday and have for a few years now. They look fantastic and have the energy to volunteer at the fire house and chase three very active young ladies ranging in ages from 7 to 2 around and never seem to tire!

I have two books about it that are fairly cheap (no more than $12) I have been counting cals but think I might morph the two together. Trying to eat off of the list (let's face it we should all be eating this anyway) and still count my calories. I am struggling with making the calories I consume count so this might get me back on track fully!

Good luck.
  • ajinks7
    ajinks7 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The best advice I've heard yet.
    I to have been looking for the miracle ABS diet to no avail but since reading your post, I think I hit the jackpot.

Have a good day, on my way to spin class now.
  • RZO42488
    RZO42488 Posts: 64
    Options
    Low sodium, low fat, more protein than carbs, lots of water, and lots of working out.
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

There is no measuring, no calorie counting. Just eat from the list three meals and three snacks. (trying to eat 6 times a day really reduces portion size.) My cousins eat this way everyday and have for a few years now. They look fantastic and have the energy to volunteer at the fire house and chase three very active young ladies ranging in ages from 7 to 2 around and never seem to tire!

Then it doesn't work. I can eat well over my maintenance from oats and nuts every day.
    Tracking your cals and macros is essential if you ever want to see your abs.
  • bugnbeansmom
    bugnbeansmom Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I don't disagree with the importance of counting cals. But the point is to eat from the list, not one letter. Nuts are fairly high in calories so you can't just sit down and nosh until you explode. Really it is just common sense. Eat the right foods (nutrient rich), in appropriate portions (cal control), and move your butt (exercise). That is why I mentioned in the next area I thought it was a tool. Not a miracle! Kind of hard to explain an enitre book in three sentences. :wink:
  • shaverkl191
    shaverkl191 Posts: 131
    Options
    It also says right in the book to try to incorporate foods for different groups for each meal. I've been using the Abs Diet strategy for about 2 years now and I've never felt better!