Rejection - uuurrgh!!!!!

Options
I planned it all out.

I was looking soooooo forward to it and guess what???????

I had my cheat meal and it was not as satisfying as I expected - actually I feel awful. I didn't go mad eating everything in sight neither did I binge, it was a planned 'cheat meal'.

It appears my body does not seem to like those foods that my emotions seem to enjoy anymore. That's a good thing I guess but it feels weird.

I guess I have officially moved from 'dieting' to living healthy which has been my ultimate aim, I do want to lose weight and it has been taking ages but I know it will happen eventually.

Good bye sugar, white flour, simple carbs - you are officially GONE from my life.

I'm feeling dreadful but I hope I can remember this feeling the next time I want to 'cheat' - I feel dreadful :cry: , it is sooooooo NOT worth it.

Replies

• SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    You know, that is a truly scary milestone - when you finally realize that the self destructive habits that used to "work" for you don't work anymore. What now???
  • chic_mama_25
    Options
    I know - I had 2 pieces of cake last night and couldn't sleep all night! Normally I could eat a whole flipping cake. I mean I used to..
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options

Good bye sugar, white flour, simple carbs - you are officially GONE from my life.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Normally I could eat a whole flipping cake. I mean I used to..

LOL - That so use to be me. I'm glad our bodies won't let us do such nonsense anymore. Major success
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Yep, foods I loved and found comfort in just don't taste that good anymore. When I have a no so great meal I usually think of what would have been better and have that next time instead.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    This is a good thing, and I know the feeling. Few weeks ago I wanted chinese food like no other, so I figured I would do one of the ones you get at the super market that already had all the calories counted for me. So not satisfying! Although I really wanted a cinnamon crunch bagel from panera for breakfast, I planned it out, checked the calories and it was really good. but I'm already hungry again.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Sunshine God has elevated us to be the front runners. We have finally learned that our bodies are temples to glorify Him with. That means we take care of it. I'm so glad He has changed our hearts and put the focus of eating to live and not living to eat at the forefront of our minds! Hope you feel better!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've notice my tastes for some things have changed as well. Took a bite of a Reece's Cup and about went into shock it tasted so sweet and rich. Did not want.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've notice my tastes for some things have changed as well. Took a bite of a Reece's Cup and about went into shock it tasted so sweet and rich. Did not want.

I bought those mini reese pb cups... my god it hurt my stomach after I ate them! Too sweet!!! Creamer in my coffee is being reduced for the same reason.
  • sunshine79
    Options
    Sunshine God has elevated us to be the front runners. We have finally learned that our bodies are temples to glorify Him with. That means we take care of it. I'm so glad He has changed our hearts and put the focus of eating to live and not living to eat at the forefront of our minds! Hope you feel better!

Amen - my body IS a temple and I WILL treat it as such. I love that God has done a true work in me and changed me from the inside, those are the most important types of change.

Always with words of wisdom thank you, you are a true blessing :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Well Congratulations you have indeed made it to the next level of the new you! This happen to me last week I use to love burritos keep in mind it's a huge burrito at least about 800 calories. I would wolf that whole thing down every time. Well last week my guy brought me one home I picked at that thing for 15 minutes eventually only eating about 3 bites before throwing it away. I think it was more of the guilt for me knowing I shouldn't be eating it, I felt so guilty that it made it taste bad.
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    Macll1 and Sunshine - amen to that!
  • TNH76
    TNH76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: Great Post:flowerforyou:
  • iitsolivia
    Options
    I had a soft drink the other day, a Dr. Pepper, my one true love, and guess what? I could have died!! I felt so bloated and disgusting, which is how I used to feel all the time. I realize while the scale isn't moving like I want it to, I feel way better than I used too!! Our weaknesses give us new strength :)
  • Hopey1994
    Hopey1994 Posts: 307
    Options
    Way to go that you've reached this point. Not of resisting the cheats but being repulsed by them. :happy:
  • sunshine79
    Options
    Way to go that you've reached this point. Not of resisting the cheats but being repulsed by them. :happy:

I am indeed repulsed. Thanks for the encouragement :smile:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    It's one of those things you just gotta do once in a while to remind yourself why you don't like something. I love the smell of candy corn in the fall. Just love the smell....but can't stand the taste. I try a piece every few years just to remind myself that things can smell better than they taste. There is always a tissue and trash can handy. :sick:
  • djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. The other night I cooked a chicken the skin looked so flavorful and crispy, I couldn't resist. I ended up eating some and it was good, but later that night I felt gross. My stomach felt sick and I couldn't sleep right. Next time I will remember that and not eat it. It's great how your body guides you, when you learn to listen to it.:smile:
  • sunshine79
    Options
    Great points guys. Just confirmation that we are moving in the right direction and that the changes we have made are in the best interests of our bodies and our health.