Stretching

Options
I exercise daily, but can someone explain to me why I feel the urge to stretch all the time? Especially my upper body. Every morning I use my elliptical machine (it doesn't have the moving handle bars) I just hold on to the sensor bar like I'm suppose to and work the lower body. And then I exercise by videos or walking or just something different than the elliptical in the afternoon. I only really feel the need to stretch in the mornings though- it's weird, so I'm wondering if it might have something to do with my exercises:huh:

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I exercise daily, but can someone explain to me why I feel the urge to stretch all the time? Especially my upper body. Every morning I use my elliptical machine (it doesn't have the moving handle bars) I just hold on to the sensor bar like I'm suppose to and work the lower body. And then I exercise by videos or walking or just something different than the elliptical in the afternoon. I only really feel the need to stretch in the mornings though- it's weird, so I'm wondering if it might have something to do with my exercises:huh:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Could be...

Also, a lot of people carry a lot of tension in their upper body....a lot of times we/they don't even realize it. Which would equate into needing to stretch more, especially if you notice your lower limbs are looser and more flexible, they will seem off balance.

I carry A LOT of tension in my back, to the point that people aren't allowed to touch it, I have to force myself to stretch and do yoga to loosen it up. I just don't realize I am tense until I stretch it all out.
  • spazmother0727
    spazmother0727 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that it was your body's natural way of keeping your muscles limber (or what ever you call it) when you exercise... I do not know, I am a nerd and do not know much about anything. :embarassed:

I am curious about the scientific reasoning for it... :wink: