Low Calorie, HIgh potency alcoholic drink.

Options
I am going to a birthday celebration at a bar tonight. With a 2 hour open Bar. I have been limiting my caloric intake all day, and busted my *kitten* at the gym in preparation. as of now, i haven't eaten beyond my exercise but i know once i start drinking, it'll be harder to count. So ill ask bfore i go.

What is a good low calorie adult drink. (im not a big fan of wine, and i enjoy craft beers too much to drink an Ultra) I was thinking Captain and diet, any other suggestions?

Replies

• djthom
    djthom Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I like vodka & tonic
  • mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    My favorite is a good vodka (not Taaka, ew), soda water (not the stuff with sugar), and lots of lime!! If you get a good vodka it wont be as harsh. Made one for my little sister who has yet to find a drink she actually liked, and she asked for another!

And most vodka is 60-70 cals per drink. Have fun, but be safe!
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    yeah, i would go with vodka or some other non-sweet alcohol. those sweeter ones like rum have more cals.
  • mhoch
    mhoch Posts: 50
    Options
    Tonic water has calories, thats what I was trying to think of but didnt know for sure if it was right, just FYI
  • otm25
    otm25 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I vote Vodka and Diet Coke, my favorite, or Rum and coke. The first is 60 calories, the second 65. For the caloric cost of a piece of fruit, 120, you can be well on your way to a good time!
  • laurennn16
    Options
    I always go for the captain and diet too. yummy :) but also vodka diet tonic, really any type of liquor with a diet soda.
  • marnieinMB
    marnieinMB Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I dink vodka and water and add my own crystal lite powder. I will say, since I am not eating as much I find that I get a buzz ALOT faster. PLus, I have heard the sugar substitute powders speed up the alcohol getting into your bloodstream. Be careful!
  • minmatt
    minmatt Posts: 62
    Options
    shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots shots!

Sorry had to, but they would be the highest potency, fastest buzz, and lowest cals (of straight liquor)
  • wildon883r
    wildon883r Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Drink whatever the hell you want and get back to work tomorrow. There is no harm, no foul in being festive occasionally or any preparation required to do so. I drink a 6 pack of light beer every weekend thats only 660 cals and it does put me over my daily weight loss goal although i wouldn't surpass my maintenance goal with it so i don't worry about it. Tomorrow i'll be under my goal calories and life goes on. I'm going to reach my target weight and i'm going to enjoy life in the process. Everything in moderation of course. Have fun!
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    a bloody mary can be very nice
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    Everclear.
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Any liquor like vodka, rum, tequila, gin mixed with a diet soda of some sort. The liquor is about 100 calories for a 1.5 oz. shot and the soda is free. And don't have anyone tell you about the new "low calorie" vodka, yeah, it has 25% less calories, but also 25% less alcohol so there is really no advantage to it. Oh, you pay the same as the full vodka or more, so that's a negative advantage I guess...
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Gin and Tonic with lime.
    Patron Silver shots - 3 or 4 of those and all you will need extra is water.
  • seemichellerun
    Options
    Rum and Diet Soda are a safe bet.

I also like a skinny margarita, though I know it may be hard on the ego to order in public for the men folk =P

Fill glass with ice
    2 oz. of white tequila
    Juice of four lime wedges
    Splash of Triple Sec or Cointreau

It's about 100 calories a glass
  • brookesready
    brookesready Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of vodka seltzers w/ extra lime. Seltzer has zero calories, but does anyone know if bar's carry it? I am thinking they only have tonic.
  • leahsevilla
    leahsevilla Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    if you just ask for vodka soda then its a vodka with soda water. soda water=no calories. (it's the same thing as seltzer water)

delicious.

plus tonic has corn syrup and calories. blech
  • brookesready
    brookesready Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    if you just ask for vodka soda then its a vodka with soda water. soda water=no calories. (it's the same thing as seltzer water)

delicious.

plus tonic has corn syrup and calories. blech

Thanks Leah! I'm not good with bar lingo. lol
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    DO NOT GO WITH TONIC WATER.

I've made this mistake myself thinking it would be a good choice. Tonic has almost as much sugar as Coke!

Have fun and be responsible both with the calories and the alcohol!
  • DrAlbin
    DrAlbin Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions, I like the vodka soda w/ lime idea. ill try that. if its not my thing, ill go back to Captain & Diet.
    (My home drink is SvedkaCherry w/ Sprite Zero, but i wont be ordering that at a bar, ya know, male ego :-))
    Feel free to add me as a friend

Thanks again
  • laurennn16
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions, I like the vodka soda w/ lime idea. ill try that. if its not my thing, ill go back to Captain & Diet.
    (My home drink is SvedkaCherry w/ Sprite Zero, but i wont be ordering that at a bar, ya know, male ego :-))
    Feel free to add me as a friend

Thanks again

yum! that home drink sounds delicious. Next time I'm at the liquor store I'm going to have to try that!