Which cheat is worse?

Options
Hey guys,

So I know we all have our weaknesses. And we like to indulge a few times here and there (maybe more times than a few...)

Which do you think is worse though, cheating with things that are sweet, like candy, ice cream, frozen yogurt, chocolate.. or salty snacks like chips, fast food that is fried, etc?

Just curious what you guys think :) Does it even matter?

Replies

• CharleneN
    CharleneN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I guess cheating is cheating no matter what it is...and I always feel guilty after I've done it!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Neither are good for you but I always go for the sweets.
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I no longer feel guilty for either =)

The whole month of Feb and most of March was a cheat month and I still lost weight!
    I just made sure I stayed active! =)
  • rebawagner
    rebawagner Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Personally I think sugar is worse then salt...I have no evidence to back this up... its just what I think, but sugar cravings seem to be harder to kick then salty cravings!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    For me, salty/fried stuff is worse because I have high blood pressure. Also, I can control myself with sweets. I have a harder time with chips and stuff like that.
  • zeroxray
    zeroxray Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    sugar is worse because it increases your insulin level and makes you hungrier :wink:
  • SweetP88
    SweetP88 Posts: 79
    Options
    It's all not good....but for the record I love the sweets....in fact I have not yet met a cookie I did not like!!
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Salt is always worse for me. I get so bloated and crappy feeling. I always gain after a salty cheat and do not with a sugary cheat.
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I think that it depends on the person.

For me personally, I can have sweets and never look back, but salty fatty things are a slippery slope for me.

I'm better off not tempting them.
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    Options
    Depends on what you're addicted to the most. Calories and fat are irrelevant in this case

For me savoury stuff like crisps etc are my cheats and because i've abstained from them for a while, i don't feel guilty eating a packet for a treat; i exercise more though the next day. I usually save my treats for weekend then i don't feel as guilty as most people do the same.

I can take or leave sweet things.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    For me if I have a calories I wish to have something, I have it but I try and chose wisely. I rarely eat fast food, but when I do I pick something like the Carl's jr. BBQ chicken sandwich. If I want something sweet I'll pick the best option and the same with something salty. But again, I always stay within my calorie intact for the day. Basically, I am saying be smart and there is no need to cheat.
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    Both, when you go over your calorie budget.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    For me, my cheat is RUM! Couple of shots of a 15 year old single barrel served over ice.... MMMM!!!

Never really have been a sweets type of person.
  • sylvia1970
    sylvia1970 Posts: 134
    Options
    For me, my cheat is RUM! Couple of shots of a 15 year old single barrel served over ice.... MMMM!!!

Never really have been a sweets type of person.

mmm i think its what you have after the shots, alcohol gives you an appetite; I'm partial to red wine; hence crisps but i've managed to live without them; like the odd packet though:drinker:
  • meredith414
    Options
    I agree with what other people said; sugar is worse.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Depends which has more calories. The salt you can flush from your body, so in the end it comes down to how much more work you have to do to burn off that cheat.