Diet Soda Cake

Options
Pakitalian85
Pakitalian85 Posts: 57 Member
Diet Soda Cake
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 12 pieces • Serving Size: 1 slice • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts

Diet Soda Cupcakes
Servings: 24 • Serving Size: 1 cupcake • Old Points: 2 pts • Points+: 2 pts

1 dry box cake, any flavor
10 oz diet soda, any flavor
2 egg whites
Baking spray
Preheat oven according to box directions. Spray 9 x 13 pan.

Beat cake mix, diet soda and egg whites. Pour into pan.

Bake as directed on box, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.

Let cake cool about 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into 12 pieces. Top with fat free whipped cream if you wish.

Pulled this off of skinnytaste.com. She has some GREAT recipes on there! She goes alot by weight watchers points, which I am doing as well, so I am not sure about the calories, sorry... should be around 100 calories a cupcake though. I did yellow cake mix with A&W Diet Cream soda and they turned out amazing! Put a little 5 Calorie Cool Whip on top... you can't even tell the difference!

Replies

• PoorGirlEatingHealthy
    Options
    I have done this too but without the egg whites! It was so moist and delicious! We even made it more fun my portioning it into little cups, dyeing the different batters and pouring it in layers before it baked to make a rainbow cake!
  • cutelashawn
    cutelashawn Posts: 182
    Options
    I use this same recipe but without the egg whites, the cake is super moist and melts in ur mouth...love it. Good post!
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    It's really good with diet cherry coke and chocolate cake mix. You can even dice up some cherries to mix into the batter! YUMMO!

Or, we've done strawberry cake mix and a diet strawberry soda & orange the same way!

Try lots of different combinations...they are all good!
  • Loggerwife
    Options
    I top it differently, take a pkg of sugar free, fat free cheesecake jello and make it with skim milk, fold in cool whip free and top cupcakes :) p s they also make a lower sugar cake mix.
  • alonnadodd
    alonnadodd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    This sounds delicious!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    bump
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jdpet
    jdpet Posts: 17
    Options
    bump
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I'm a little confused about the portion size. Do we make it in a cupcake pan on a 9x13 pan? The directions say a 9x13 pan and cut into 12 pieces, but the serving size is 1 cupcake, yield 24. I was just wondering which pan you used.
  • vmisslin
    vmisslin Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Two options for serving sizes, I think...You can make it as a cake (9x13 pan and 12 pieces), or you can bake them in a cupcake pan. Generally a box of cake mix produces 24 cupcakes.

Sounds like a great treat! I wonder if it would work with flavored club soda instead of diet soda...might just have to investigate that!