Hello from Walla Walla, WA

Options
I am so excited and glad a good friend mentioned this site. I need to lose over 100 pounds....I am a very outgoing and fun person that has been trapped inside this huge body. I have been so discouraged and embarassed about myself that it has gotton so bad. I went to the gym for the 1st time in years with the help of my 18 yr old daughter...bless her heart...and walked 25 min on the treadmill...only 2.5 mph and no incline...but I did it...and I am excited to go back tomorrow. It looking at the site I can see I am not alone. Looking forward to meeting my goal and having the support.

Replies

• DyannAlvarez
    DyannAlvarez Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy for you! To have started this and for the encouragement of your daughter! Doesn't it just feel WONDERFUL that you've been to the gym and walked - FOR 25 MINUTES! Look at you! You did so great! Tomorrow will be awesome too, just take one day at a time and roll around in the good parts! God Bless you Walla Walla! (My kids live in Kennewick and I get to see them in 7 weeks!) :smile:
  • bethdigesu
    Options
    Hello from Alabama

I'm so happy for you!!!! I understand what you are going through and with the help of this site and the friends you will have on here, you can do it!!!!! I love this site because you don't have to be ashamed of anything.... we are all in the same boat, trying to get to the same place......a place where we love ourselves again. I have made some wonderful friends on here, who support me and keep me going. I have only been on here for a couple of weeks and I love it !!! :)

I'm sending you a friend request if you'd like to be friends.
  • dengarrett
    dengarrett Posts: 367
    Options
    That is great. Do a few more of those 25 minute walks - no need to push it. Then step it up five more minutes - or increase the speed a bit. Just a bit at a time and before you know it you will be amazed at the rate of improvement. Then, pick an item at a time to improve - work on the calorie levels. Then, drink water - LOTS of water. Maybe cut out the soda - or maybe the artificial sweeteners. Or look at sodium or sugar. Just take it one step at a time. Before you know it you will be eating the healthiest, your resting heart rate will be the lowest and the pounds will fall off. But approach it as a long term comittment for improvement - not a diet. Don't worry about how long it takes - just steps of improvement. That's why I don't set any date goals.
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I started by walking around the block - one block. Good work on getting started. I've been doing this for a while now and I'm still walking.
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Hey Walla Walla.... I am from Tacoma, WA now residing in VA Beach, VA!! Just starting to exercise is a good start...keep up the good work!!! :bigsmile:
  • paschtat85
    Options
    Thank-You!! My daughter is very supportive - she tells me I am pretty and one of her best friends....awww....my husband is also supportive and I will show him the website this weekend....hopefully he will join me.

Wow.....Shawtue' Sherie ....my name is Cherie'....pretty cool. I love living in the NW....and have family and friends in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

Thanks everyone for the support....this is amazing! And it is true - we all have the same thing in common.
  • MichelleMcWain
    MichelleMcWain Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello from Yakima.. well Selah, WA! I am trying to lose over 100lbs too. This site is awesome. Good luck! Send me a request we can support eachother :)