icecream+sabotage?

Options
my husband just brought home 2 pints of hagendaaz.i really can't believe it. one of the reasons i'm in this "fix" in the first place is because me and ben and jerry have been best friends for many years! icecream is my ultimate downfall.i feel sure he knows that. we've been married for 31years- the thing is he says things like he's going to chain me in the basement until i lose some weight. he thinks he's being funny but it's hurtful.then he brings home icecream. ok, now i'm mad!!!!!!!!

Replies

• suevittorioso
    Options
    my husband just brought home 2 pints of hagendaaz.i really can't believe it. one of the reasons i'm in this "fix" in the first place is because me and ben and jerry have been best friends for many years! icecream is my ultimate downfall.i feel sure he knows that. we've been married for 31years- the thing is he says things like he's going to chain me in the basement until i lose some weight. he thinks he's being funny but it's hurtful.then he brings home icecream. ok, now i'm mad!!!!!!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Introduce the ice cream to the dispos-all. Or the garbage can.

You are more powerful than Ben or Jerry, trust me!

:flowerforyou:
  • getskinnynow
    Options
    He is almost setting you up to fail. He should be more supportive, but maybe he justs wants you to have what you like. Either way the way I say HA-HA to him is ignore the icecream. It's hard, but then when he goes to sleep sneak a bowl!!!!LOL
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    MEN
    :explode: :angry: :grumble: :mad: :huh:
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    I :heart: icecream. The way I satisfy my icecream craving is with frozen yogurt. Much better for us and still gives me that icy cold treat.:bigsmile:
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :laugh: SNEAKING IT IS THE OTHER WAY I GOT THIS FAT!if no one saw me eat it OR if i ate it so fast that i even forgot that i ate it, the calories didn't exist. turns out they do!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    OMG that is so not fair. I am so sorry:ohwell: I would not be able to say no. Ice cream is my biggest downfall as well.

I would try to divvy it into portions or passing it on.

Good luck:wink:
  • Kymwho
    Kymwho Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    MEN

:laugh: ,:laugh: ,:laugh: ,:laugh: sooooo true!!! Mine brought home whoppers, the malted
    little yummy chocolate balls :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: !!!!!
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I would so throw it away in front of him, "Dear, I'm on a diet - this is the easiest way for me to resist, so please don't waste your money again."
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I would so throw it away in front of him, "Dear, I'm on a diet - this is the easiest way for me to resist, so please don't waste your money again."
    That is awesome! Honestly, though, if he says things to you like "I'm going to lock you in the basement until you lose weight" (joking or not...) and then brings home ice cream?????? Are you kidding me??? I would crumble into a pile of tears and eat the entire carton. Empty it down the disposal. NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS... Diann taught us that.

Show yourself some grace, my love. You are worth it. Treat yourself with kindness...
    xoxo
  • teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Throwing it away seems pretty funny:laugh: I totally agree......if he says it is for me...totally throw it away!!!! My fam asked me for cheetos............CHEETOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sick: I got them a bag. So, they wanted the baked.....and they were stinking good too!! I had 3. I decided to just taste them and succeeded!!!!!!!!!!!! I then went directly to the fridge and got out a bunch of frozen veggies and mixed them with spaghetti squash! Now I am totally stuffed and dont want ANY! whew.......that was close!!:bigsmile:
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    MEN

:laugh: ,:laugh: ,:laugh: ,:laugh: sooooo true!!! Mine brought home whoppers, the malted
    little yummy chocolate balls :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: !!!!!

Hey it's not just us guys. My wife did the same thing when I first started. :frown: She started out just leaving HER snacks around (USUALLY SHE HIDES THEM) then started leaving things right in my spaces where i was sure to see them. I just threw them away. Now it doesn't even bother me. :yawn:

The choice to eat them or not was ultimately mine. I chose and continue to choose NOT. I just think of it this way; I have eaten more potato chips and cookies and ice cream and fried food etc. than any sane person could possibly want, that is now in my past. My future only has room for those things that I want, when I want them and in sane portions.

I tried one of those 100 calorie packs of cookies 2 days ago and the cookies didn't even taste good. I had an apple later that night and it tasted so much better. :bigsmile:
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Well after tying him to a chair and pouring boiling hot oil over his head........ I would seriously remind him of his earlier comments and ask what kind of nerve it takes for him to do that to you. I'm sorry but that's completely disrespectful and mean. Especially the comment he made in the first place.

I thank God I have a supportive mate that hasn't complained once about all the "diet" food in the house. He just makes do with what he can find to eat that he likes and sneaks in his "bad stuff" at work so I don't see it or want it. He's a keeper I tell ya!
  • suevittorioso
    Options
    :frown: i did finally ask him why he bought icecream when he knew i was on a diet and he looked puzzled and said it was a habit i guess. my husband can be very childlike and oblivious .he's not intentionally mean-he just doesn't get it.
    what someone said about they had eaten more goodies than any sane person would have done in the past is so right on. i've eaten enough icecream to feed a small city and it's not done one good thing for me. also-you're right nothing tastes as good as thin feels! lastly, it felt good to say no to myself for something.seems like "myself"has had the upper hand too long.
    in case you're wondering,no icecream for me.and it sits in the freezer. i had bought sugar free fruit pops last night that have 30cals and these are really good and it did the trick. if i go over my calories today, it's cause i made homemade clam chowder,and it was really good ! :flowerforyou: :smile: thanks
  • NurseBarb
    NurseBarb Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    YAY FOR YOU!!! Way to GO!!!! You deserve a medal!!!

:flowerforyou: