lettuce wraps

Options
grommit
grommit Posts: 2 Member
I use lettuce wraps (avalible pre-packaged in the grocery) in place of bread and fill it with grilled chicken or asian style ground lean turkey. Its an excellent and yummy lunch/dinner if you're cutting carbs from your diet. I didn't miss the bread at all plus it was a fun change from the low carb wraps i was using before.

Replies

• imsosexy
    Options
    I like the idea of lettuce wraps. I don't think I've seen them. What deptarment will I find them? Does Super-Walmart have them?
  • theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i use whole lettuce leaves as taco shells with refried beans, salsa and guacamole.

so much better than regular tacos and much lower in calories.
  • eonblue
    eonblue Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I also use lettuce in place of bread. Usually romaine is the easiest to handle. For example last night I made some tuna salad with low fat mayo, currants and apples and just plopped a spoonful of that on the individual lettuce leaf and made some finger type sandwiches sans bread. you really dont miss the carbs.
  • jbelldesign
    jbelldesign Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    those are all great ideas! i've done the sandwich meat and lettuce wraps but never thought about doing it for tacos or even tuna! i know what i'm having for lunch today!
  • Chris50
    Chris50 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all!! I never thought about using lettuce in place of bread. What a wonderful idea. Thanks again!!
  • rtmazyck
    rtmazyck Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

It bears repeating! What a simple & yet wonderful idea. Thanks for sharing because I really miss my bread and heavy starches. I know it sounds silly, but sometimes, I feel like I just need something to hold in my hand. Lettuce leaf will do quite nicely LOL!!!

I'm having TUNA SALAD tomorrow & I'm wrapping it in my new bread. Heck! I can even throw in a little sliced tomato for a real sandwich.
  • tripitena
    tripitena Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    My daughter introduced these to us. So great filled with finely chopped asian veggies cooked in low salt soy and miso. We've filled them with beef and veggie taco fillers too. Egg salad with chopped tomato is a great brunch served in endive boats with fresh fruit and a mimosa. Just saying.
  • Momma2BN
    Momma2BN Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Butter Lettuce (get a whole head where they have heads of lettuce) and they work great, they are a little softer than romaine and don't break when you try to fold them up! Also at Red Robin if you ask they will give you a lettuce bun for your burger!!
  • funkychunky768
    funkychunky768 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great ideas guys
    Banding frozen stir fry(coconut oil or water)garlic(crushed). With tuna wraped inwhole lettuce leaf with or without low fat mayo is also great with a some pepper and sea salt.
  • akamomto4
    akamomto4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love lettuce wraps and prefer iceberg lettuce :) I have made them many different ways. If I make my family tacos I use lettuce instead topped with some low fat cheese, salsa and fat free sour cream. I love them with a combination of ground turkey (with some crushed garlic), rice and shredded carrot topped with a bit of hoison sauce!
    c6jgmdew6stk.jpg
    yfddzlqmta3l.jpg

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I make a sandwich using a slice of deli ham or turkey,shredded cabbage,some pickle & dressing of choice.Ham & cheese is also good....sloppy joes ,pizza filling.All wrapped in iceberg letteuce.Whatever sounds good.Lots of ideas out there.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    The idea is fine, but how do you find an 11 year old thread???
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    lol
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

:D
  • Kericat08
    Kericat08 Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2018