FINALLY!

Options
downtome
downtome Posts: 529 Member
Last month I went to my pain management doctor and no one said a word about me losing weight, (45lb) at the time, today, I go in with a (57lb) loss and finally one of the nurses asked me if I had lost weight...well duh! She said that I looked different and could really tell in my face! I was so happy to to finally hear it from someone other than my parents or my sister. Funny thing though, my docotr didn't think that me losng about 2 pounds a week was fast enough, he said I was a candidate for weight-loss surgery. I told him that I didn't think I needed it and that I could do it on my own. Then he thought I should check into doing Medifast! Hmmmm, don't they have faith in me? I believe in myself, why shouldn't they? Anyway, I just wanted to share my excitement for the day! I'm finally in the 250's, haven't been here in a long time! Remember to all who are struggling out there.....Beliving is Seeing...Believe In yourself! Thanks for reading.

Replies

• JMRGrant
    JMRGrant Posts: 67
    Options
    WOW! Congratulations on the loss......you are doing great.......stay positive......
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    That is SO fantastic!!! KUDOS to you! Of course you can do this, you already are!!! When someone tells me I can't do something, that usually just makes me want to prove them wrong.

Again, congratulations on your progress thus far! Keep up the good work and great things are going to happen! So happy for you!
  • Missevanston
    Missevanston Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Keep believing in yourself! You definitely GOT THIS!
  • VialOfDreams
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep up the great work! In this case, please don't listen to your doctor; instead, do this alone! You CAN do it!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    You are doing great, congrats!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Your doctor is a moron. I'd get another one. Any doctor who pushes surgery and/or meds for something I can and am doing on my own is a moron.

It's all about money to him. Awful.

But congrats on the 57lb weightloss! That's outstanding!
  • randi50
    randi50 Posts: 112
    Options
    57 lbs is AWESOME!!! Obviously you can do it and 2 lbs a week is VERY healthy! :)
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    my docotr didn't think that me losng about 2 pounds a week was fast enough, he said I was a candidate for weight-loss surgery. I told him that I didn't think I needed it and that I could do it on my own. Then he thought I should check into doing Medifast! Hmmmm, don't they have faith in me? I believe in myself, why shouldn't they?

Amen! I can't believe he's recommending weight loss surgery over calorie-budgeting! An honest bariatric surgeon will tell you that most people who lose weight that way don't keep it off.
  • maurapie
    maurapie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    :happy: GREAT WORK!! 2 pounds a week is plenty fast- and you can do it! I can tell that YOU believe in yourself, and that is the most important thing
  • Mrsjenningsjr
    Mrsjenningsjr Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    You're doing a wonderful job! Stick to it and don't let anyone stick it to you! Keep showing them what you're made of!~
  • lkyeomans
    lkyeomans Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You are doing great. As for your doctor, it may be time to get a different one. You are definately proving that you can do it. Keep it up!
  • angelicpiece101
    angelicpiece101 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    i cant believe after all you've done for yourself in loosing as much weight as you have that your doctor didnt think you were loosing it fast enough....thats just silly, and im sorry. They should have been praising your accomplishment in just the fact that you are taking initiative and loosing it on your own without the surgery that they say you are a candidate for. If you can loose it without surgery then why wouldnt they push that method?!?!?

well im here to say you are doing an amazing job! keep it up, and you'll reach your goal in no time. You have every right to be proud of your accomplishment!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!! Sounds like that doctor is sleeping with some folks out there!!!!
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    Good for you!Sometimes I think drs are too quick to judge.Do what you think is right for you.it`s your body.
    Jane:flowerforyou:
  • mandamama
    mandamama Posts: 250
    Options
    Your doc is a down right d-bag! You are doing great! And you stick it to him and show him you CAN do it! Keep up the great work!
  • Coco_Puff
    Coco_Puff Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    How could anyone not see how successful you've been. I think you are awesome, what a great job!!!! Someone once told me that Doctors, for all their studies, do not get but just a few hours of weightloss classes. This is not their strong suit, unless that is their choosen field, then of course, they would suggest putting you on whatever weightloss program they are selling. Unless their field is in weightloss, they may not know what's best for you. Just like a Dentist doesn't need to practice plastic surgery!
  • EricJonrosh
    EricJonrosh Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!

I'm beginning to think doctors have too much faith in drugs and surgery and very little faith in people's ability to improve themselves. Prove him wrong. It's been done before. =o]
  • marber
    marber Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You are already over a third of the way there. Is that not proof enough for your doc that not only CAN you do this you ARE doing this and in a much healthier way than surgery or liquid diets.
  • sarah211086
    sarah211086 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Well done you are doing great! Your doctor sounds a bit of a moron if you ask me! Ignore him and stay positive because you can do it! :D
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    Find another doctor, stay with us on MFP, and keep doing what you are doing! Congrats!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!