A New Me Is Up To Me!

Options
Hi everybody!

My name is Amanda and I'm 22 (will be 23 in 2 weeks!). I have been overweight my whole life and have tried several times to lose weight, only to get frustrated a few weeks in and stop. I actually found this site through my Aunt's wall on facebook and after some poking around I started logging my meals for the day. It makes it so fun to track your calories! There is also a place to track other nutrients, like sodium. I've been having problems with sodium sensitivity for about the past year now so it really helps to be able to see what foods have too much so I can watch my intake!

Part of my issue with losing weight is that I have been overweight my entire life. I've lived through the school-age teasing and cruelty; but that has only served to help me become the person I am today. I honestly don't know what it's like to be any form of 'skinny', so I think that will be the bigger adjustment than eating less and working out more. If anyone can give me some tips on how to ride the emotional roller coaster, please feel free! Thanks!

Amanda

Replies

• MisstheMidwest
    Options
    You can do it :)
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amanda! I'm new too. I'm inspired by your attitude! You're going to do so awesome. I too have been overweight forever. I can't conceptualize myself as a thinner person. I don't even know what that would look like or feel like. But that's the beauty of our journeys. We'll get to discover ourselves, and it will be awesome. Post often, track everything, be HONEST with yourself, and don't ever give up. You're going to do awesome, Amanda!
  • maryritt529
    Options
    Good Luck! Just keep logging in and if you want people to help you with your nutrition and exercise questions it helps to have your diary public...or at least set so friends can view :)!
    YOU are going to great..You sound determined!!
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    Hi Amanda! I have only been using this site actively for a couple of weeks and I already love it. I have gotten great support and motivation from the friends I have made here. Good luck with your weight loss! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like some support :)
  • zianiH
    zianiH Posts: 68
    Options
    Gud luck Amanda... you'll have all the support you need here..
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You can do it especially with your can do attitude. This site and the people are wonderful here. Feel free to add me as a friend. There is so much suport and wonderful attitudes.
  • deema79
    deema79 Posts: 108
    Options
    You will find so much support and motivation here! Good Luck reaching your goals. Feel free to add me for support and motivation. Take care!
  • Clovergirl17
    Options
    Thank you for all of the well-wishes! So many people have been supportive since I joined, and now I've even converted my Mom into doing this with me! Now we have a bet going to see which one of us can lose the most weight before we go on our family vacation in June! Whether I win or lose the bet, I think I still come out the winner :).

Just to throw this out there, what is one thing that you struggle with on a daily basis? Is your weakness cookies, or chips, or ice cream? My weakness is that I love, love, LOVE to bake, especially cookies, so not being able to make cookies (and by extension eat some cookie dough :P) is really hard, but if anyone has any good 'light' cookie receipes, PLEASE share! :D