Elliptical Trainer Recommendations

Options
I have a need to amp up my exercise, and I just killed my treadmill of 16 years.

I think that an elliptical trainer is what I need. I've had good experiences with them at fitness club in the past.

We're not rich, but I'm ready to invest to get the right one. Anyone have recommendations for me? Basically I'm after calorie burn and overall fitness.

Would appreciate your thoughts...

Replies

• rhawkins26
    Options
    I love my elliptical. It is so much easier on my joints. Plus, I have some foot issues that make running no longer possible. I lucked in by searching online (Craigslist, Kijiji) and found someone who was selling professional gym equipment. I think his little fitness center went out of business. I got a good deal on a professional grade machine, which is what I wanted because they are built far more sturdy than the "home use" ones. It's a Precor. No complaints at all!

Good luck.
  • NanBar
    NanBar Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have a nordic trak...it is amazing. it has ifit live on it. Read the reviews on them. SO well made. But it isn't small.
  • egoplast
    egoplast Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Nordic Track AudioStrider 990
    We are very pleased with the unit. It is also Ifit compatible- that is a nice plus.
    It also folds up to help with space issues (we live in a 900 sqft apt)
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    I have a Nordic Track one and I love it. It even folds up which makes a huge difference for me since I live in an apartment! It does wobble a bit if I'm going hardcore but other than that it's great (and I only think it wobbles because of the folding aspect.)
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    If you are going to do Elliptical spend the money. I got a pretty cheap one and HATED IT. However my sister in law who is probably about 7 inches shorter than me loves it. Maybe it was the height thing. I gave it to her and she uses it every day. When I am not doing weight training and just want to get some cardio in I usually go for the elliptical so I do like them and want to get one for an eventual home gym to hopefully be able to train people from home, but I want to be able to spend the money!!