New to this!

deannaparrish
deannaparrish Posts: 2
edited September 25 in Introduce Yourself
So I just started MFP 3 days ago. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it so far! I have a question though...Do any of your ever take a "break day"? like once a week?

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    yup! i have Fun Friday with my roommate where we eat whatever we want (without stuffing ourselves) at dinner on friday and work it off the best we can over the weekend :)
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    i just joined 2 days ago and i absolutely love it so far. No break days for me yet!! ..lol.. I find myself coming on here for inspiration and it really works.
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    I LOVE IT TOO!!! Welcome!!! I used to sorta have a cheat day, where I didn't count everything, but did't go overboard either, but then I started dropping weight and was so encouraged that I didn't want to go over. If I exercise a lot or do lots of activities, I don't worry about it too much. I don't feel deprived at all and I feel like I eat A LOT! I cut out all of the processed foods and junk and I don't even crave it anymore! AMAZING!!!

Good luck!
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    I try to treat myself a little once a week. Monday through Thursday I usually eat salad for lunch. Friday I have been going out for a couple slices of pizza. If I go out for dinner, I try to focus more on portions than what I order. The last two restaurant meals I had resulted in me bringing half of the entree home.
  • Thanks ladies! :) This is sooo encouraging!!
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Some do, some don't.

For me, it is hard to look at it like a lifestyle change if I feel the need to "cheat." That's not to say there are not days I go over--it is just not regular or something I plan to do.

It would also seem that if you are taking a cheat day that you will need to be super diligent the rest of the week. A better compromise might to be to have a weekly cheat meal instead of a cheat day.
  • If you mean " Break Days" as in not working out, yes we at least need time for our bodies to recover. I'm new also I think that's right.
    I also try to splurge every now and then, as long as I stay within my caloric boundaries.

Glad you're here.

Derrick
This discussion has been closed.