I want to keep my butt!!

Options
:laugh: I know we're all in this to lose weight, but I like my butt. I wouldn't mind it shrinking but I don't want it to go away. Any tips?:tongue:
101604.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• mstoni04
    Options
    :laugh: I know we're all in this to lose weight, but I like my butt. I wouldn't mind it shrinking but I don't want it to go away. Any tips?:tongue:
    101604.png
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    I think doing butt exercises will help you keep your butt. Build up the glut muscles. Leg lifts, squats, lunges. I think that will help you. I wish I could give you mine! I've got a J-Lo going on!:laugh:
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    LOL. My husband is in desperate fear of butt shrinkage. :laugh:
    Squats, squats, and more squats. The elliptical is great for cardio and my hind quarters.
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    if you naturally have a generous booty, you won't lose the whole thing. As your body changes your booty will get smaller but proportionately it won't change. I didn't want to lose anything in my chest :embarassed: and I was upset when I dropped a size and a half, but now that I've los almost 50 lbs I'm realizing that proportionately, I'm the same. :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I start and finish my work out at the walking park with Baby Got Back. I want my butt.....just not the belly to go with it!

I do squats with exercise bands.I sure can feel my Gluts the next day.

This site has all kinds of exercises and explanations on how to do them.

http://exercise.about.com/cs/exerciseworkouts/l/blresistanceban.htm

I want a slim waist and some back bay bay. My favorite line in the song is
    "36 24 36? Only if she's five three!"
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    101604.png

squats and lunges will help shape your butt and lift it to prevent from it droopin in the bottom-
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I also love my butt!!! I have tighted my butt and I haven't lost anything. But I still have more to loose. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • chilli
    chilli Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have lost mine .:grumble: :sad: :sad: .it has dwindled away but there we go .
    I am sure I can build it up again if I wish .
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    I start and finish my work out at the walking park with Baby Got Back. I want my butt.....just not the belly to go with it!

:bigsmile: :laugh: :bigsmile: :laugh:

O dang girl....that was my song in high school!

Still is:wink:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

It makes me miss those days... way back when... I was a 36 - 28 - 38. But it was before kids, and before I owned a car. I had to ride my bike back and forth to my jobs. Probably about 7 or 8 miles both ways, twice a day. I cleaned hotel rooms in the morning, and worked at the dairy freeze in the evenings. And I could eat all the frozen custard and slushies I wanted, and I was still a size 5.

Damn, I'm gonna get there again!
    -Robin
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options

It makes me miss those days... way back when... I was a 36 - 28 - 38. But it was before kids, and before I owned a car. I had to ride my bike back and forth to my jobs. Probably about 7 or 8 miles both ways, twice a day. I cleaned hotel rooms in the morning, and worked at the dairy freeze in the evenings. And I could eat all the frozen custard and slushies I wanted, and I was still a size 5.

Damn, I'm gonna get there again!
    -Robin

Yes, I realized the reason I was so skinny before marriage is cuz my family never owned a car. I walked everywhere. Also went dancing 2 x a week, for like 6 hours and didnt drink alcohol. Wow, I wish i could burn all those cals now, huh?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I have lost mine .:grumble: :sad: :sad: .it has dwindled away but there we go .
    I am sure I can build it up again if I wish .

Me too. I use to always have a great butt. Now , it's gone.

I'm sure squats and lunges will help me recover it.
  • LuvinLife
    LuvinLife Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I have been dealing with the incredible shrinking ta-ta's and butt also. I've gone down a full cup size and that's starting to get loose. It's depressing. I was not endowed at all when I was slimmer. I apologized to my husband, but won't change the goals. I can only do so many squats and lunges, my knees crackle like an eighty year old. They really hurt after about 10. I read that doing hills whether outside or on a treadmill helps also. I am looking into an elliptical machine, but I need one with a lo-o-ong stride so my hubby can use it too. They can be pricey.

Thanks for the site Arewethereyet. I will definitely give it a look-see.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I lost 30lbs prior to MFP and my butt hasnt gone anywhere but I also have always had a nice butt not trying to toot my own horn lol- I actually cant stand how big of a butt I have I have a bubble butt its not wide at all- My husband noticed a size difference in my butt and complains but it has to get smaller in order to get in smaller jeans/pants
  • mfleming97
    Options
    When I lost the baby weight from my first son I lost it by walking and waitressing and my butt was better than ever cause I was excercising... So as long as you work it out I think you'll be fine! Of course I was 20 then...
  • mstoni04
    Options
    Thanks all101604.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter