Pray i can lose 100 lbs

Options
Hello Everyone

I was here before, now i am back.
I need and want to lose 100 lbs.
If any one can help me on this road, I am about to walk please come walk with me.

Thanks !!!!!

Replies

• SimplyDeLish
    Options
    You'll find lots of support...and you can count me in! You can do it!
  • Seesaa
    Seesaa Posts: 451
    Options
    need to lose over 200 lbs so i know how you are feeling.
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    If you have 100 lbs to lose, you will. But what will make it happen is not to think about losing the weight. Focus on eating healthy, nutritious food, less processed food and less sodium, and exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. Exercise should be enjoyable and doable. That's all there is to it. Do that every day, just as you would brushing your teeth, going to sleep, getting dressed. That's living. Taking care of your health is living in it's purest state. Get a good 8 hours of sleep, too.
  • jacquerd
    jacquerd Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT!!! MFP and my friends on here have really helped. It encourages me to see people losing as well as seeing that I am not along in my struggles!! Fee free to add me to your friends for encouragement if you want. :)
  • picturesing
    picturesing Posts: 228
    Options
    If you have 100 lbs to lose, you will. But what will make it happen is not to think about losing the weight. Focus on eating healthy, nutritious food, less processed food and less sodium, and exercise for at least 30 minutes every day. Exercise should be enjoyable and doable. That's all there is to it. Do that every day, just as you would brushing your teeth, going to sleep, getting dressed. That's living. Taking care of your health is living in it's purest state. Get a good 8 hours of sleep, too.

The above is ALL the instructions you need. The rest is day by day and lots of support from MFP friends. Keep negativity out of your life and caustic peps have no place in your journey! Much luck to you - it CAN be done! :flowerforyou:
    Look through the "motivotional" and "success" threads you will see picture proof!
  • absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    It also helps to read fitness articles. They have tons of nutritious snack ideas. I "like" these sites on FB to get great articles posted on my news feed: Women's Health Magazine, SELF magazine, and Active.com
  • Gramma5
    Gramma5 Posts: 15
    Options
    Focus on small amounts of weight loss at a time rather then the whole amount ! Makes the task easier to visualize and not as frustrating .... how do I know ? I too have 100 lbs to lose !! Good luck ! The support is here for the asking !
  • hairspray74
    Options
    you can do it, what helps me is small goals, I have 3 goals to lose 20 lbs, (when I hit the last one I may opt to make it another 20 but we'll see), but so far I have lost 22 lbs, so in my mind I have one goal beat and I am starting on the second goal so now I have 1 more after I finish this goal!!! I have 60 lbs to go no matter how you look at it, but when I think 60 lbs I can't even imagine and I know that it's gonna take forever, but 20 for me is more reachable!
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You can and will do it!!!!! Feel free to add me as a friend for support. MFP is awesome! You will find so much advise and friends to help you along on your journey to a healthy and fit you.
  • phatdiva26
    Options
    Count me in!!!! I have 165lbs to lose and i am in it for the long hall! i have lost 16lbs since January! if i can do it so can you...and KEEP it OFF!!! Lets support each other:wink:
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 238...as of today 4/1/11 I am 149.2 You can do it! If I can anyone can ...you can. Just try and stay true to what you really want. It does get easier everyday. That's not to say it's a challenge somedays, but it's a life style change for me. I want to be healthy & have more energy. If there is one thing I wish....it was that I started this journey when I was younger, but it's never to late : )

Let me know if I can help you in anyway.
  • lynnmaries
    Options
    ;
  • buttonmoons
    Options
    Happy to help if you want to add me. Had 100 to lose but have got rid of 16 since mid feb. We can do it!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar journey. I returned to MFP in January and have lost 25 pds, but the only reason I've been successful this time is because of how awesome the support and my friends here are.

You don't need to do it alone. As someone else said, friends are here for the asking...and I've learned firsthand they make all the difference. :)
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,631 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Lots of support here! You will feel so much better!
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    This is a status from a fellow fitness pal (Mernadea - hope you don't mind, but I have never heard truer words)

"The most POWERFUL Words are ....."I am" "I am doing it!" Instead of "I am trying, I am doing my best, I hope it works"....Stop and think today when you talk about yourself with your inner voice and outer voice. Talk in the present and strongly. When you mix "I am" with your statements, visualize having your goal today! (Law of attraction and prosperity thinking) The opposite can HINDER your progress..."

Whenever I see someone post "I am trying, Seeing if I can, Hoping I can, and bla bla bla" I shudder. This used to be me. But I figured something out. This is my life and no one elses'. I am responsible for me. I will be accountable to me. I am not satisifesd with me and only I can change this.

Find your motivation, set an ultimate goal, and move forward. Yeah you may take a step back for every two forward, some days are gonna be good others bad, but always keep your eyes on the prize. There is no more I am trying, hoping. Now it's i'm doing this, how can I kick it up a notch. And don't you ever tell me "I can't do something" For the first time in my life I'm not doing can't (Can't is merely a failure of effort)

Surround yourself with as much support as possible. But remember. This is about you. Find you. Find your innerstrength(it's there trust me, sometimes we just have to dig for it a little) Do this and you will no longer be praying you can, you will be doing, and you'll soon be up and flying.
  • rhodes2b
    rhodes2b Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Praying isn't going to help. You need to look inside of you and find your way! It is all about hardwork! No luck... no praying...all sweat and hardwork. Good luck on your journey.
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @rhodes2b

You're just another fine example of "doing". Awesome work and luv the new profile pic. You are so kicking it!