Hoping the modivation never stops

Options
I've been at this a month after coming back to MFP and I've lost 10 lbs so far!!!! I'm feeling good, exercising more than I have in a very long time and I'm super motivated to get this weight off.

My problem is.....this happens all the time. I start off really strong but about 5-6 weeks in I start to peeter out and eventually quit. Its very frustrating and I don't know how to keep the motivation going. I do know that what I did in the past hasn't worked obviously so I'm changing things up a bit in hopes to keep the weight loss flowing and the healthy choices coming.

Am I alone with this? Does anyone find themselves losing steam after a few weeks? How do I keep myself motivated? I know it's mostly a mental thing for me and that's something I need to work thru but any advice in this area that has work for you in the past is very appreciated.

Thanks! :happy:

Replies

• ValeriaWins
    Options
    I do quit al the time. I lose weight, some weight, and then...I 'forget' to keep on going in my new eating habits and I regain everithing. Somebody says that we sabotage ourselves...I do not really know how it works. Probably we need to be concentrate on the prize, we could visualize ourselves in our best outfit .
  • cangel81603
    cangel81603 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I usually do the same thing but I promised myself this time will be different. When I needa boost of motivation I look at the success stories. If all these people did it I can too! Seriously after seeing the results im in the mood to work out. Try it and just remember why your here. Good luck!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Yeah the motivation pictures really help to ignite my flame for working out and eating right for sure!!

I want this time to be different. I want to reach my goal and be able to keep it off. I haven't seen the 160s, 150s etc in years. Since my early 20s and I miss them so!! :happy:
  • cangel81603
    cangel81603 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I haven't seen those numbers in long time either:( Well I am always here for support if you need a friend to boost you back up:) Stay strong and remember you can do it!!!
  • annebuta
    annebuta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Jenn I have the same issues! And the same numbers that I want to see. I feel like this time is different, too, but I am worried about petering out after a few weeks.

I am just trying to stay motivated by thinking how much I have a hard time being THIS size. Instead of thinking how hard it is to give up the food, wine, or cookies, I am thinking how hard it is to be this fat. I am sick and tired of not finding clothes that fit, and not wanting to do things because I can't find clothes, or I just feel gross. So when I find myself thinking, "oh I should just go out and not worry about counting what I eat/drink, it is too hard", I just counter that with, "you know what, it is really hard to be this size and I am sick of having such a hard time!"

Of course, who am I to talk - I'm a week in. If you lose your motivation, check with me - we NEED to get there this time!!!