Abscess tooth messed up my week.

Options
Weigh in tomorrow. I started the week out great because I had an abscess tooth. But I made up for all that NOT eating. The rest of the week I didn't really pay too much attention to calories. I was just glad to be able to chew. I didn't really do too much damage with the food, I think. but considering I spent about 4 days laying around doing absolutely nothing due to the pain meds and the actual PAIN, I don't think I'm gonna do too good tomorrow.

Replies

• tinboy
    tinboy Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You can get back on track this next week. We all have times when theings are not as planned, or as we'd have liked them to go, but it's not the end of the world; just pick up and keep going!
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I can totally relate.

I had TWO abscessed teeth, and four wisdom teeth pulled this year.

I had dealt with the pain from the abscesses for four years.

My quality of life was no where near pleasant. Nothing was enjoyable
    once my teeth started that all too familiar throbbing. I used to go for DAYS
    without sleep because the pain would literally keep me up.

My mouth felt like a prison, I couldn't even enjoy food. I'd just try to manage to
    eat whatever I could, and then stop.

The best thing I've done for myself was to have those teeth removed. Ever since December
    my life has just gotten BETTER in ways I can't even describe.

I don't have health insurance,
    which is why it took me so long to get it done. But, I scrimped and saved and paid for the $1,300
    procedure out of pocket that same day. =]

The pain of an abscess (let alone TWO) is something I'd literally think long and hard about
    before wishing it on my worst enemy, and there's only one right now! Lol.

Oh, and my oral surgeon mentioned that if I had waited any longer to get it treated, the abscess would've
    reached one of the main nerves in the jaw and caused a lot of further complications.

I'd suggest checking if you can get that tooth fixed (if you haven't already).

I hope you feel better. I know what you're going through and it definitely sucks. =[
  • kbelloise
    Options
    @daisy89, Yes!! That's exactly it!!

No insurance. 1600.00 for mine. The doctor already told me I waited too long. Said last time that the next time is gonna be BIG problems and he was right. It's in my jaw bone now. Well, I can't pull 1600.00 outta my *kitten* right now. So I went the antibiotic route. Everything is fine now. But it WILL be back. :) Anyway... After barely eating a thing for 3 days I was so starving that i COULDN'T EAT ENOUGH! I know I had a legitimate excuse and I also know that regardless of how hungry I was I TRIED to watch my calories but.... I also know... I over ate.

Funny thing is that through all this pain and sickness... I stepped on that scale everyday, (yes... I know I am not supposed to do that, but i DID.) and I felt a kind of twisted happiness that I saw the number going down. As soon as I started eating again though... it came right back and I mean like the next day!!!

Anyway... sigh.......

Thanks for letting me vent.

It's just so frustrating when something gets in your way.
  • daisy89
    daisy89 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Oh no!

Well, I spoke to my dentist and he offered me a ton of options for paying for the procedure.

I paid in cash, so he gave me a discount.

Do you think yours would let you set up some sort of payment plan?

Mine definitely said it was an option for me, but I decided against it.

The infection WILL be back, and it will be worse. I also went the antibiotic route once, I went for another
    five months before I just couldn't stand the pain again.

I put up with the pain (somehow) for four years, it was definitely the worst pain I've ever felt and I used to be a girl's wrestler in high school, and have had a concussion, and a skull injury.

I would suggest starting to put aside some money for a procedure in the future.

I honestly hope you feel better, and that you can get this taken care of.